Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a superb app and world-class operations, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, a Training Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that our workforce is prepared for and supported in doing great work on behalf of our customers, restaurant partners, and drivers. The role involves creating training programs and materials, training with new hires to set them up for success, and implementing improvements to our training processes based on quantitative and observational feedback. A successful candidate for this role will be empathetic to the customer experience and have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of adult learning methods.
- Creating training programs and materials for customer care and other operational teams.
- Train and develop team members to be successful in their roles.
- Reading and writing documentation in both English and Chinese.
- Collaborate with Operations Managers to ensure smooth lines of communication between the operation and training pipeline.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in training and development and rapidly implement them.
- Using quantitative feedback to analyze opportunities for workforce development and/or process improvements.
We are excited if you...
- Are fluent in both English and Chinese.
- Have at least 2+ years of experience managing teams or leading training initiatives in an operational setting.
- Have a 4 year degree; a Master’s degree in business, psychology, or education-related fields would be a plus.
- Have experience designing and creating clear presentations and/or instructional tools.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from operational and observational metrics.
- Have a customer-first mindset and prioritize their experience in making business decisions.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.