Vendor Account Manager - Groupon Goods
If you are ready to test your abilities, grow your skill set and support small businesses on a massive scale in a supporting and nurturing environment, you should read on!
At Groupon, we spend our days developing tools that help small businesses thrive in their local communities. We’re a technology company building products that positively impact the lives of the 49.1MM people and Groupon merchants that use them every single day. With thousands of employees across 15 countries, we operate at a global scale but still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking, and celebrates successes.
We are looking for someone to fill the Groupon Goods Vendor Operations Manager role. Your role will be at the front-line of delivering best-in-class services to our base of vendor partners. Some people might also call this role an Account Manager. At its core, you are responsible for providing amazing service to our vendor partners, assisting them with their Groupon Goods feature, providing support and guidance in shipping logistics, and fostering strong, long-term relationships. You will sped the majority of your time interacting and juggling needs across multiple departments and functions.
Given the continued growth in the Goods business, the role requires the ability to pivot quickly between a constantly changing canvas of details and needs. You will be asked to be committed in you prioritization and collaboration across various teams to drive sales and improve our bottom line.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support a portfolio of 500+/- vendors to ensure success against Groupon’s key performance indicators.
- Execute on daily reports to ensure the on-time shipment and delivery of customer packages.
- Under the leadership of the Senior Account Manager you will run monthly vendor review meeting with the broader operations team to improve quality of overall portfolio and mitigate below-target performance.
- Consulting vendors on Groupon's shipping portal and driving compliance with confirmed shipments.
- Drive vendor loyalty & retention through exceptional service levels
- Liaise with multiple department in driving cross-functional and cross-organizational changes
- Build deep partnerships with other leaders in the logistics organization, from shipping and transportation to warehousing operations.
- Execute post-sale vendor communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on vendor deliverables
- Manage communication with vendors through each step of the relationship, from feature prep to day-of-feature and post-feature
- Ensure all vendor partner issues are resolved in a timely manner
- 2 or more years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated understanding of the pace and other characteristics of a startup environment.
- Deeply detail-oriented
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- MS Office, specifically Word and Excel and Google Doc proficiency
- Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.