Vice President, Call Center Operations at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as Vice President, Call Center Operations based Remote with travel
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a VP, Call Center Operations to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Integral to our team, the VP, Call Center Operations is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all Call Center operations and the leadership and development of Call Center operations team members. This leader will bring significant experience building and leading call center teams in a high-growth organization. A focus on data, efficiency, effectiveness and best-in-class patient support is critical to success, while also being highly skilled at motivating, developing and leading strong, engaged teams. The VP will establish call center processes that focus on continuous improvement of the patient experience with a tactical emphasis on patient care, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training.
Performance metrics are critical to success, but this leader needs to be adept at managing production while prioritizing exceptional patient experience. You are a servant leader with excellent communication skills, a high tolerance for flexibility and energy for thriving in a high growth environment. You are comfortable working through ambiguity and have previous hands-on experience building a call center to scale and can naturally influence others to action without exercising authority. The VP will be directly accountable for inbound, outbound, chat and all vendors performing call center services on behalf of the organization. Our main call center operations are currently in Houston and Phoenix but we will expect this leader to evaluate the optimal locations for building and scaling our call centers as well as developing a strategy to support a remote call center workforce. This role will be dynamic and evolving in nature as the business scales.
How you can make a difference
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and continual career growth and development
- Provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every patient interaction
- Responsible for development and administration of annual department budget to attain business go-to-market strategy with operational stability
- Develop, implement and maintain effective internal quality processes fostering continuous improvement and exceeding KPI performance
- Proven experience managing metrics, ensuring patient satisfaction, and reporting statistical performance levels related to call center
- Coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet patient expectations and ensure satisfaction
- In conjunction with technology, monitor system effectiveness and performance and resolve problems regarding applications; set strategy for implementation so system changes and updates
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards
Skills for success
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving, strategic design and execution
- You are self-starting and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability in delivering measurable results in line with agreed upon timeframes
- You demonstrate a personal commitment to promoting and providing excellent customer service
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to lead and manage staff through rapid growth, ambiguity and change
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and patience while interacting with customers and colleagues
Experience to drive change
- Comfort with launching and leading large-scale operations while driving transformation and change management initiatives
- Significant call center leadership experience ideally garnered in a managed care, provider or healthcare services setting
- An entrepreneurial mindset with knowledge and experience in high-growth business environments including ability to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details of the work and drive disruptive innovation
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results; you must quickly influence market partners to take action and achieve results
- A natural comfort getting into the details of operations to drive execution, along with the ability to quickly pivot between strategy and operations
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a high-volume, multiple-task work environment with a high degree of interdependence
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create vision, develop business plans and manage change throughout the organization
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret call center data and information
- 12+ years of senior leadership experience in a high-volume call center; ideally experience building or rebuilding operations from the ground up
- Required prior experience with telephony technology: Avaya, forecasting and scheduling tools, reporting packages, Voice Response Units, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required; healthcare industry experience preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.