Vice President, Shared Services and Revenue Cycle Operations | Village Medical at VillageMD
VillageMD, a leading national provider of primary care, and Walgreens have forged a collaboration to offer a transformative primary care experience. Branded Village Medical, these state-of-the-art primary care clinics will provide comprehensive primary care services, integrated tightly with pharmacists, nurses and social workers to meet the full suite of patient needs in their communities and neighborhoods. In addition to neighborhood clinics co-located with Walgreens, Village Medical is also growing rapidly at traditional primary care locations as groups of primary care physicians join the Village Medical Group. We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for a leader with extensive contact center and revenue cycle implementation and operations experience to join our team. This leader will play an integral role in the successful support and scaling of new Village Medical clinics as well as supporting the operational needs of newly acquired practices and independent affiliates as our footprint continues to grow in new markets and expand to new practice offerings.
The Vice President, Shared Services and Revenue Cycle Operations will lead the growth of our services supporting new and existing clinics while also scaling and optimizing our revenue cycle and shared services operational model through our partnership with Walgreens and our independent affiliate practice partners. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Revenue Cycle and Shared Services, this leader will be responsible for successfully supporting the implementation of our patient and provider facing operations while launching our Walgreens partnership in new markets and ensuring operational consistency with previous markets. This person will also be responsible for building out the team and supporting infrastructure to appropriately scale as the scope continues to increase in new markets. You’ll monitor performance of the initial launch while removing barriers and developing and implementing strategies that enable program adoption and success. This role will be dynamic and evolving in nature as the business scales.
What are some examples of accountabilities you’ll have as Vice President, Clinic Operations?:
- Full P&L ownership for revenue cycle and shared services performance and delivery for all Village Medical markets
- End accountability for performance of all revenue cycle and non-clinical shared services operations including performance, efficiency, quality, and patient satisfaction results
- Collaborating with market and corporate leadership to develop and implement strategic plans to expand existing partnerships and offerings and managing the successful onboarding and integration of new practices and providers to the existing model
- Managing implementation of the existing Village Medical revenue cycle and shared services offering across new markets in partnership with the national Village Medical leadership team
- Assisting with the recruitment, training, and development of the required talent to drive the successful implementation and long-term sustainability of the Village Medical revenue cycle and shared services model with emphasis on creating a high-performance culture that focuses on execution and patient service
- In conjunction with corporate and local development teams, identify, oversee and execute network and operations growth opportunities
- Identifying areas for improvement and driving change initiatives to completion to improve overall operations and financial outcomes
What will make you successful here?
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships and clear success navigating diverse stakeholder groups
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results on time and on budget
- Experience performing multiple independent tasks under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- A passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution with an intense focus on provider and patient satisfaction
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
- The ability to develop and sustain a positive culture as measured by consistent employee engagement and performance
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Extensive experience in healthcare revenue cycle and shared services with a proven track record of successfully implementing and expanding offerings while scaling across multiple markets and clinics
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare billing and patient service environment and specific knowledge of physician professional fee revenue cycle operations
- Comfort with launching and leading large-scale operations while driving transformation and change management initiatives
- Prior history and success delivering P+L results and building, leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Significant healthcare leadership experience ideally garnered in a managed care, provider or healthcare services setting
- An entrepreneurial mindset with knowledge and experience in high-growth business environments including ability to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details of the work and drive disruptive innovation
- Experience successfully partnering with physicians and their care teams in a patient and provider-centric manner to affect change and improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results; you must quickly influence market partners to take action and achieve results
- A natural comfort getting into the details of operations to drive execution, along with the ability to quickly pivot between strategy and operations
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare financial and operational data and reporting as well as healthcare technology
- Demonstrated experience driving results in a high-growth enterprise
- Bachelor’s Degree required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.