Vice President, Strategic Brands at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As the Vice President of Strategic Brands, you will be a key leader at Affirm responsible for driving the expansion of Affirm’s rapidly-growing Strategic Brands, Mid-Market and Channel Sales businesses; focusing on building and nurturing relationships with leaders at merchants ranging from Start-ups to established merchants! You will lead the team tasked with applying a consultative approach to identify the products and services these merchants need; driving loan volume and revenue via new deals in an efficient timeframe; and, building Affirm’s market position with strategic targets, some of which work with the traditional financing incumbents today. This person will also lead our Channel Sales efforts, working side-by-side with world class partners to drive sales of Affirm through an emerging third-party channel.
Your role directly impacts and advises top-priority, company-wide goals and will influence the long-term success of the organization. Affirm’s products are seen by hundreds of millions of people - delivering an outstanding customer experience, while also crafting mutual value and driving outstanding business results for our partners!
You’re an inventive leader who thrives in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The role calls for outstanding communication skills. You will represent Affirm at a senior level to relevant merchants and will also provide detailed feedback from merchants to internal cross-functional teams to drive initiatives forward. This role also calls for excellent leadership skills to manage a team of senior sales executives
Affirm already partners with many of the biggest names in travel and retail, including Walmart, Delta, Expedia, Peloton, Neiman Marcus and thousands more.What you’ll do
- Build and lead strong sales organizations with experience selling to growth and mid -sized companies across retail and travel.
- Build and nurture positive relationships with our merchants, partnering to find solutions to provide financing to their customers and grow their business
- Collect and communicate all cross-functional execution needed across the company: Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing, Product Management, Finance, Risk, Legal and Customer Operations
- Ensure excellent service and communication from Affirm to our partners; ensure excellent representation of our partners to internal Affirm teams
- Define the company wide Mid-market, Strategic Brands, and Channel Sales strategy and provide thought leadership on the strategic direction of the business
- Execute on goals [quarterly/annual] for new deal signings and launches
- A curious, entrepreneurial leader with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, creative thinking, and initiative, who has a deep understanding of - and compassion for - our retail partners’ needs
- 20+ years of solution selling, 15+ years of management experience, management consulting or strategic operations with a digital/financial product
- Must have experience in the Retail and/or Credit and Payments landscape
- Communication & Relationships: Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships both internally and with C-level decision makers within the Retail vertical
- Analytical: Understands P&L and quantitative levers used by our merchants
- Objectivity: Able to look beyond your biases and opinions to deliver the best possible solution for customers
- Operational Excellence: Refine the operating rhythm to accelerate sales across Mid Market and Strategic Brands.
- Collaborative: Teammate who is excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships
- Proactive Leadership: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, and navigates ambiguity with patience
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.