Vice President, Supply Chain at Fast Radius
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:51 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
The Vice President is responsible for leading and operating Fast Radius External Operations & Supply Chain, from business model and supplier footprint strategy to day-to-day execution of manufacturing and delivering parts via our external partner network. This person will be a core member of our Operations leadership team, and is expected to play a significant role in building, scaling, and leading this capability at Fast Radius.
About the Role:
- Lead Fast Radius teams responsible for Supply Chain strategy and strategic supplier development, strategic sourcing, and external operations and manufacturing
- Develop and deploy new supply chain business models that support company mission of making manufacturing easier, smarter, and more capable
- Partner with Product & Software team to build software and deploy technology into suppliers that streamlines workflow and supports business model
- Develop and deploy processes that enable scaling of Fast Radius external operations offerings, including high velocity workflows and corporate account support
- Day-to-day senior executive responsible for cost, quality, and delivery of parts produced via external supplier network
- Attracting, hiring, growing, and training team Leveraging the Fast Radius culture to build an exceptional working environment for the team
- 10+ years of relevant experience in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, or related field
- Track record of significant leadership and people management roles Must be a builder - experience building a business, functions, teams, supplier networks, etc.
- Demonstrated success in a supplier network development role, working with suppliers in one or more of the following manufacturing processes: CNC Milling/Turning, Injection Molding, Sheet Metal Bending Ability to coordinate and prioritize resources across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in technical sales or interfacing in a close working environment with technical sales function
- Empathetic listener, confident communicator
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description