VP of Operations
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. One third of the over $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity, and more than half of Americans don’t get care because of the price tag. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
The VP of Operations is an influential senior leader responsible for creating, enhancing and operationalizing efforts that support the day -to- day needs of our clients as well as strategic growth of the business.
You will be diving deep into the hardest, most complex challenges of the healthcare experience and at the same time lead our operations efforts through its current phase of hyper growth. You will work collaboratively across teams to strategize and execute a best in class operating model through implementation and ongoing customer success.
What you’ll accomplish
- You will lead our client-facing operations teams (Implementation & Customer Success) through the next stage of HealthJoy’s growth; creating operational efficiencies, seamless transitions across teams and a unified team to support our clients
- Establish operating practices to address scalability while developing better hand-offs between internal teams (Product, Engineering, Member Services and Sales)
- Advocate on behalf of the needs of the team with engineering, product, sales and senior leadership
- Use data and analytics to develop a deep understanding of current and future business needs and act upon operational priorities
- Partner with senior leadership to create and cascade OKR’s; promoting actionable lift towards company growth
- Identify improvement areas and plans and implements systems to boost company effectiveness
- Form a deep understanding of the client life cycle; enhance the experience at every stage
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of experience in SaaS operations (Customer Success and/or Implementation) and a proven track record refining complex processes that deliver exceptional results to our end users and clients
- 5+ years in leadership role
- In-depth knowledge of Enterprise SaaS delivery
- Exceptional communication skills and proven ability to build relationships of empathy, trust, and respect with other team members, stakeholders, customers, and partners
- Grit. There isn’t a playbook for this position. We need someone who can come in, learn the lay of the land, and create a plan - and then constantly reassess and evolve as our rapidly growing business does, too
- Strong preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and/or growth-stage experience
- Ability to be persistent, diligent and unwavering in pursuit of goals
- Proven ability to form strong and collaborative relationships that can be leveraged to drive success
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.