Business Analyst / Product Owner (Network Authorizations)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description:
Key member of the business, who is the conduit to technology thru the agile team. This role is responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. The incumbent ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused: on the Agile team and implementation. The incumbent plays a significant role in quality and is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as done. Typically supports one Agile team. This role has significant relationships outside the local team, including working with the Product Manager/Senior Product Owners to understand the assigned Features and decompose to User Stories. *This role can be located in Riverwoods (IL), New Albany (OH), or Phoenix (AZ). Responsibilities:
- Works with a dedicated agile development team to deliver customer/business value through product features. Is the conduit to other business partners for this team.
- Develops user stories from prioritized features in collaboration with Product Manager. Champions efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories all meet Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in Rally (Agile Management Tool)
- Collaborates with other Product Owners and/or Product Manager and/or Senior Product Owners to uphold business priority and vision
- Manages and prioritizes the sprint backlogs continuously with team input (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions)
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the Sprint. Signs off to “accept” each user story during sprint.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Is the point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in business, IT project management, info systems and design, computer science; Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Business Analysis/Product Owner role with technology interface and agile experience; 3 years of experience preferred
- Agile experience required; Scaled Agile experience preferred
- Experience with Rally
see job description We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.