The Director of Product Platforms is responsible for implementing the software platform product strategy and ensuring the priorities of the revenue-based products, Ascend and Engage, are accomplished accordingly. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining the platform roadmap. The role will be measured by KPIs tied to the performance, extensibility of the platform, and support provided to the revenue-based products.
- Develops, maintains, and executes the software platform product strategy and ensures the support priorities for the revenue-based products are accomplished.
- Develops, maintains, and executes a 3 – 5 year platform roadmap
- Communicating to and coordinating efforts with the revenue-based product managers for the planning and execution of a shared product vision and strategies.
- Participates in qualitative research to understand the goals of the customers and customers of their customers.
- Maintains the platform and the multiyear predictable technology roadmap that has been created and prioritized to set expectations with all stakeholders and to develop scalable, reliable, maintainable platforms.
- Communicates the specific platform internally and externally with customers, and partners.
- Collaborates to align on prioritization and timing of product capabilities that enable business solutions serving the specific customer segment(s). Creates partnerships with Customer Solutions product managers and solution architects.
- BS and at least 5 years of experience in technical product management, engineering, architecture and/or computer science OR a HSED/GED and at least 7 years of experience in in technical product management, engineering, architecture and/or computer science
- Proficient in working in an agile software development environment
- Prior experience with software engineering, technical architecture and/or computer science
- Proficient and working knowledge with software technology
- Mastery level proficiency with backlog grooming and prioritization, features and systems analysis and prioritization and complex dependency administration
- Proficient working knowledge of APIs and web Services
- Familiarity with AI / ML concepts and workings
- Proficiency with software development life cycle
- Proficiency with platform technology and architecture, SOA, and PaaS
- Willing to travel up to 25%
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the product management team is responsible for the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to do so, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also every day in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.