We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee size! The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform reached 6 million in 2019, up 30 percent versus the prior year.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
What you'll do in the role:
As our technical Director of Product Platforms, you will be responsible for implementing the software platform product strategy and ensuring the priorities of the revenue-based products, Ascend and Engage, are accomplished accordingly. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the platform roadmap, with complete ownership of the performance and extensibility of the platform, and support provided to the revenue-based products.
- Develops, maintains, and executes the software platform product strategy and ensures the support priorities for the revenue-based products are accomplished.
- Develops, maintains, and executes a 3 – 5 year platform roadmap
- Owns, maintains, and continuously develops BenchPrep’s customer-facing data suite and its corresponding technology roadmap.
- Communicating to and coordinating efforts with the revenue-based product managers for the planning and execution of a shared product vision and strategies.
- Participates in qualitative research to understand the goals of the customers and customers of their customers.
- Maintains the platform and the multiyear predictable technology roadmap that has been created and prioritized to set expectations with all stakeholders and to develop scalable, reliable, maintainable platforms.
- Communicates the specific platform internally and externally with customers, and partners.
- BS and at least 5 years of experience in technical product management, engineering, architecture and/or computer science OR a HSED/GED and at least 7 years of experience in in technical product management, engineering, architecture and/or computer science
- Experience with managing and building data stacks. Knowledgeable in SQL, BI technologies (e.g., Domo, Sisense), data modeling, and AI / ML concepts
- Proficient and working knowledge with software technology
- Mastery level proficiency with backlog grooming and prioritization, features and systems analysis and prioritization and complex dependency administration
- Proficient working knowledge of APIs and web Services
- Proficiency with platform technology and architecture, SOA, and PaaS
- Willing to travel up to 25%
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the product management team is responsible for the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to do so, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also every day in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.