Director of Product at Black Spectacles
Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a Director of Product who is eager to lead our growing product team and help develop our products.
Your work will include thinking creatively and strategically to advance our products. You will be recruiting, hiring, supervising and coaching our product, platform and content teams- helping them plan and prioritize their work. You will bring these teams together to focus on achieving our product goals.
- Attract, hire, engage, and develop talented people to build the capabilities required for the organization to perform at high levels
- Manage the contribution and performance of individuals and teams by communicating clear expectations.
- Develop and help drive a shared understanding of a long term vision that describes how the organization needs to operate now and in the future.
- Develop detailed action plans which include objectives, accountability, time frames and contingencies.
- Talk to users to get their feedback firsthand, be their advocate and test the product
- Minimum 10 years experience in a Product Manager or Director of Product role
- Experience recruiting, hiring and developing your own team
- Experience delivering both new SaaS products as well as improving upon existing SaaS products
- Ability to tie product decisions and recommendations to ROI, data, and available metrics
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- You're a proactive and confident self-starter, focused being the best version of yourself
- Highly analytical
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.