Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last 10 years, we have grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 165 team members, and we've created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Group Product Manager, Platform to our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team while having a substantial impact on our growth.
Reporting to our VP of Corporate Development, you will own product strategy, roadmap, and execution for Partner Integrations and Internal Tools. It’s a unique leadership role blending product, technical, and commercial aspects. As the Group Product Manager, Platform, your responsibilities will include:
- Partner Integrations:
- Partner with VP of Corporate Development and senior leadership to help define and expand Hireology’s integrations strategy. Identify and grow external partnerships with products & services that would increase the value of Hireology’s suite for specific pre-hire (e.g., job board integrations) and post-hire workflows (e.g., Onboarding, Payroll, HRIS, etc.)
- Talk to customers & partners, assess feedback & use cases, and define partner-level integration requirements to ensure seamless product experience across the ecosystem
- Measure & report on commercial success of integrations and proactively seek opportunities for deeper partner integration and incremental value extraction
- Lead efforts to build push APIs and position Hireology as a desired partner for others to integrate against
- Internal Tools & Services:
- In partnership with Sales & Customer Success, help implement or maintain internal tools such as Salesforce, Zuora, and Gainsight. Proactively identify opportunities to incorporate insights from internal tools to drive engaging customer behavior and in-app upsell opportunities.
- Drive efforts to scope & build critical BE services (e.g., Jobs Service, Finance Service) that enable smooth & efficient FE features & customer-facing operations
- Team Management:
- Lead, manage, and mentor a Sr Product Manager and Associate Product Manager and ensure effective prioritization of their roadmaps, timely execution of their sprints, and delivery of measurable results
- Managing day-to-day pod operations is not required, but you are expected to understand, guide, and oversee all technical and commercial aspects of your teams & stakeholders at a level that ensures speed & efficiency
- Stakeholder & Team Communication:
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership as well as their respective direct reports. An open-mind to continuously learn & improve based on new information from customers & stakeholders as well as an appetite for a cross-functional, ‘win-win’ approach to work are critical
- Present product requirements, results, recommendations, and insights to a diverse audience of technical & non-technical team members, from executives to line employees. That includes effective writing & speaking, whether it’s live presentations, PRDs, or technical documentation.
- Similarly, work very closely with fellow product leaders & team members to ensure a unified product vision, roadmap, and timeline
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- A Strong, Dynamic Leader: You will need to lead with high energy and focus to ensure your team is meeting key performance metrics.
- Metrics-Driven: We make decisions based on data, so we expect you to be a disciplined leader who reasons through frameworks, trends, and data observations.
- Effective Communicator: You need to be able to speak to various audiences via diverse channels, including customer calls, partner meetings, and company town halls.
- Integrity & Empathy: Our company values guide us to do what’s right and to do it while considering the full spectrum of our employees’ & customers’ needs.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Group Product Manager candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product management with 2+ years spent in integrations, partner development, commercialization, and / or API engineering
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Successful track record of designing, building and launching new products & features
- Experience with beta testing, customer management, and go-to-market execution
- Must have an innovative, strategic, technical, and commercial mindset
- Proven ability to partner & coordinate across diverse functions including Corporate Development, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Marketing
- Strong communication skills, including effective speaking & clear business & technical writing
- Highly collaborative team leader who works effectively in a fast-paced, energetic, and results-driven environment
- Experience with popular data analytics & visualization packages (e.g., Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, Heap, etc.)
- Background in SaaS and/or HR Tech preferred
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with members of our Leadership Team, as well as, our Product team to discuss how you would make an impact in this role.
- Complete and present a Case Study that will be assigned to you
- Take a strategic critical thinking assessment that determines how we can develop you at Hireology.
- Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with someone from our Senior Leadership team. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.