Head of Product Management at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for an experienced product leader with a strong fintech background to lead the product management practice within our rapidly growing product division. You'll report to the Chief Product Officer, manage our team of product managers and analysts, and collaborate closely with our product design and engineering leadership. You'll have responsibility for developing and driving our integrated product strategy, and you’ll oversee our seven cross-functional product pods. And as we continue to expand our team, you'll utilize your demonstrated experience building and scaling product management organizations to help show us the path forward.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage our team of product managers and analysts. Grow the team through coaching, mentoring, career management, and recruiting.
- Define, integrate, and drive unified product strategy across our 7+ cross-functional product pods. Oversee execution of product work and ownership of core product KPIs.
- Own our product roadmapping process. Guide the product management team in understanding customer needs, monitoring the competitive environment, and minding business goals in order to focus our attention on the most impactful product initiatives.
- Draw on a deep knowledge of fintech and personal finance to take an active role in shaping our vision with senior leadership.
- Maintain a relentless focus on delivering a stand-out customer experience inside and outside our apps.
- Partner closely with product design and engineering leadership to define, implement, and own product discovery and development processes that are collaborative, effective, and efficient.
- Be a visible and engaged leader, articulating our product strategy and helping rally individuals across the company around our product efforts.
- Experienced product leader with a deep background in consumer fintech.
- Previous experience working at a fast-paced startup environment.
- Previous experience (3+ years) managing portfolio of products.
- Demonstrated track record (5+ years) of managing and scaling product teams, with an established ability to hire and coach people at multiple levels.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Strong ability to organize teams, processes, and product concepts.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym