Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Do you want to be on the forefront of the next BIG thing in advancing the analytic technology landscape? Are you driven by the thought of being involved at the ground level of an enterprise wide transformation? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast paced, collaborative environment?
Discover Financial Services is seeking a bright, driven, and talented individual to join a team of passionate and innovative technologists.
We’re looking for a well-rounded Product Owner who’s not afraid to roll their sleeves up. We use some exciting tools and technologies – ideally you’ll know some, but we want you to be excited about what we’re doing.
This position offers opportunity to design & develop public cloud platform services and act as a Product Owner for cloud platform products. You will work with the next generation tools and technologies and drive quality from the start with strong emphasis on Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Lead the analysis and recommendation of new features across digital platforms.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for client-facing teams for cloud platform products.
- Provides thought leadership & strategic thinking to translate business problem into analytical framework(s), and independently recommend actions and provide business insights.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
- Facilitate implementation of work product and ensure accuracy.
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking; identifies improvement opportunity, form hypothesis, propose, design and implement tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization.
- Prepares clear communications to internal and external business partners regarding initiatives, features and achievements.
- Liaises and champions between client-facing and infrastructure teams to ensure that impacts of new and/or enhancements to infrastructure platforms are clearly understood.
- Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Collaborates in building prototype to provide insights at scale & solving for business needs.
- Continuously improves technical and leadership skills through training and development.
- Agile Feature Backlog Grooming
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in system development or related field
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) services
- 6+ years of software/system development or related field
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) knowledge and certification
- SAFe (Scale Agile Framework) - understands Agile and SAFe principles and Product Owner responsibilities
- Programming in Python, Java, Terraform, Ansible and Linux (command line and shell scripting)
- Familiarity with Jenkins, GitHub, ServiceNow/BMC Remedy is a plus
- Good understanding of relational database management systems and SQL
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.