Principal Product Owner - Discover Home Loans at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Home Loans has been named as the Celent Model Bank 2021 award winner in the Mortgage Lending category and is being recognized for innovating like a fintech. Our Loan Origination experience is a complete, end-to-end, omni-channel journey where the customer can apply online or over the phone. They can leverage their channel of choice at each individual step in the process based on their preference. As a result, every feature is meticulously designed for the customer and our internal agent experience for all channels.What You’ll Do
We are looking for an experienced Principal Product Owner that thrives on partnering with business & technical teams to deliver a top-notch Loan Origination solution. The role will leverage your experience to help set the direction of the products/features needed to create a best-in-class customer experience. As a Principal Product Owner at Discover, you’ll work with some of the brightest UX designers, engineers and business units while also developing your skills and furthering your career.
Ensures an outcome for a product is delivered that meets the requests from stakeholders and customers. This requires a fundamental understanding of the business and its constraints (financial, marketing, compliance, legal, service, the customer environment, the technical capabilities, the user experience, etc.) in order to provide a solution that satisfies all stakeholders and customersHow You’ll Do It
- Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders on key product considerations and aligns with product vision, features and roadmap. Leverages customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the product team and ensure alignment with senior leadership (e.g., SPO, Dir, etc.). Creates and/or maintains key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.). Identifies and defines key non-functional requirements (e.g., security, availability, performance, etc.) to achieve necessary product metrics. Owns definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and features/user stories for delivery product roadmap; in-line with the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) of the greater product vision outlined by SPO and/or Business Director is the final decision maker for product scope
- Builds product backlog, prioritize its items to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and continuously keep it up to date. Holds meetings with the product team to continuously update product backlog. Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards. Ensures product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers.
- Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensure completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for product team. Creates and validate user story acceptance criteria. Defines and ensures appropriate testing frameworks for product features (e.g., market testing, functional performance, etc.) Works with Data stewards in their respective LOBs to ensure required Data quality controls are identified and implemented. Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
- Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components and underline infrastructure maintenance.
- Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team's functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- 6+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field.
- PMP or Project Management Certification, Certified Scrum Product Owner or similar, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Experience with usage of agile development and test management software.
- Experience working with teams in different geo locations (onshore/offshore).
- Experience in the financial services / fin tech industry, including innovative fintech technologies and solutions.
- Experience with loan origination systems, customer and/or agent facing experience.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.