Product Data Analyst at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $2 billion of assets; we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
We’re seeking an experienced data analyst to lead our product team’s data practice. Build upon our existing efforts to fully establish, organize, and maintain the data processes that drive our product decision-making. Own the product analytics practice and act as our resident data expert on the product team. Ensure product managers are prioritizing the most important features and optimizations and measure their success. Analyze user patterns and behaviors to find new opportunities or existing gaps in the user experience. Knowledge of investing, personal finance, and fintech is preferred to understand customer needs and guide decision-making.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain a data process for the product team that encompasses in-app analytics, data modeling, dashboards, and reporting.
- Own our product analytics solution: ensure that it works and that we are using it to the fullest extent.
- Assess, validate, and help prioritize opportunities for the product team.
- Advise and support product managers to ensure decisions and roadmaps are data-driven.
- Advise and support product designers to add data into their discovery and design processes.
- Guide analysis on user research surveys and other data.
- Create dashboards that speak to feature implementation success and key product metrics.
- Collaborate with data teams from marketing, operations, and engineering.
- 3+ years of data analyst experience in a fast-paced, product-focused environment.
- Strong and extensive skills with query languages: SQL, BigQuery, etc.
- Experience with big data platforms: Redshift, Presto, Spark, S3, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools: Chartio, Tableau, Power BI, Raw, chart.js, etc.
- Experience building dashboards and organizing relevant data to inform decisions.
- Strong knowledge and experience with product analytics on a multi-platform product, preferably in the B2C space.
- Good understanding of and interest in investing, personal finance, and the fintech space.
- Ability to collaborate with PMs, engineers, and designers.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and report on metrics across platforms.
- Strong ability to interrogate problems and work out solutions from first principles with structured thinking.
- Adaptable, self-starter, goal-oriented, and growth-minded.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym