Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
The Product Strategy team is helping revolutionize access to credit by applying data-driven analysis and innovative modeling approaches to our product, marketing, and overall business strategy.
As a part of the team, you will leverage our large, structured and unstructured datasets to help define our product strategy through the application and verification processes. Your projects could range from applying machine learning models to define strategy, to leveraging big data and our technology stack to drive core changes to the system.
We are looking for someone with the desire to work with big data sets to drive major initiatives using product, customer, and data to plan and execute significant product improvements. This person should have the desire to go beyond the analysis to realize their strategic plans, and to manage business initiatives from conception to implementation and monitoring.
What you do at Avant:
- Work with a team that owns business strategy across financial products and marketing
- Analyze structured and unstructured data sets to help better understand our customers
- Build automated reporting with SQL and Looker
- Structure customer and campaign data, analyze opportunity sizing, and work with key business stakeholders, including C-level Executives, to drive new initiatives and strategic planning
- Execute cross functional strategic initiatives in partnership with Risk, Marketing and Engineering teams
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 2+ years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field that requires quantitative analysis
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
- Proficiency with Excel or a similar analytical tool (exposure to Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, or similar tools is a plus)
- Experience with or a desire to understand big data and database architecture
- A quantitative and analytical orientation to decision making
- Ability and interest in developing familiarity in new software languages and analytical tools, where applicable
- Experience with product / marketing analytics or financial services / risk management
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative, and critical thinking
- Proven ability to solve challenging problems while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.