Product Manager, Data Analytics at VelocityEHS
*Open to remote candidates*
As part of the VelocityEHS product management team, you’ll be the messenger of the market and the voice of the customer for our next generation of dashboarding and data visualization solutions. We’re looking for a Product Manager to represent the customer in our business. We want to empower our users to get the most from their data through innovation and actionable insights. You will play a central role in developing solutions to complex problems using the latest thinking in EHS practice and data visualization technology.
This role will suit you if you’re passionate about:
- Software as a strategic change and business improvement driver
- Consumer-grade B2B solutions delivered via a zero-friction UX
- Communicating with stakeholders at all levels to identify and document bottlenecks and opportunities
- Collaborating with our Strategy, Development, Marketing, and Sales teams to define solutions aligned with our vision and drive them to through the development process to customer value
- Making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place
This role forms a key part of our strategic 5-year plan so there’s time to settle in before assuming responsibility for the entire product lifecycle.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand the product market, strengths, weaknesses, competitive landscape, company & strategic vision and their interdependencies.
- Build and maintain the relationships to support the gathering, documenting and sharing of market intelligence from customers, competitors, industry pundits and trends.
- Build, maintain, and communicate your product roadmap with internal and external stakeholders.
- Research, write, and present business cases in collaboration with product marketing managers and domain strategists in support of proposals for new product development projects in line with the roadmap.
- Work with business analysts, the UX team and the Dev team to build the approved products into customer-centric solutions.
- Make data-driven decisions regarding product development priorities while balancing business needs and technical realities.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop the right positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and support our sales and customer success teams; enable them to understand the problems the product solves for our buyers and users.
Measures of Success:
- Customer engagement, satisfaction, and renewals.
- Roadmap management effectiveness, timeliness, and scope coverage.
- Product management process, throughput, team engagement, and target outcome achievement.
- Roadmap delivery, schedule and budget adherence, and customer acceptance.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Empathy, humility, curiosity, and business acumen.
- 3+ years of dashboarding, reporting, or data visualization product management experience with a record of successfully delivering B2B SaaS products to market.
- Strong skills in problem-framing, research, documentation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Independent thinker, multi-domain collaborator, and experienced negotiator.
- Demanding business user of web and mobile applications.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Scrum Product Owner Certification.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) II or higher.
- Experience in Environment, Health and Safety.
- Experience in competitive analysis, sales planning, and financial planning.
- Experience with PowerBI or other industry-leading data visualization tool.
- Travel up to 15%.
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues using conferencing tools.
- Occasional work outside of normal working hours.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)