Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Principal Product Manager role, within the Emerging products team, will leverage his/her domain expertise on creating new partner experiences as well as enhancing existing partner experiences across our B2B partners. He/she will be responsible for getting our API products to market and partners through our Discover Developer Center as well as Design, build and help operationalize external and internal toolset and processes that would help increase the speed with which we do business with our B2B partners. This role will work with various teams across Operations, Product and Marketing to shape the way we interact with customers across our products and service offerings globally. This involves deeply understanding the current customer experience for each interaction the partner has during their journey with Discover and identifying gaps as well as areas of opportunities to improve. To accomplish this, you will remove uncertainty, making it clear what capabilities should be developed or optimized and why, drive overall vision and product strategy across cross-functional teams, gain leadership alignment and investment for new capabilities and market entry plan, as well as work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to help determine best implementation methods to deliver scalable solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Develop in-depth understanding of customer experience across our B2B partners and Partner across the business to build Journey maps, personas and connect the digital experience to product/service delivery.
- Responsible for identification and evaluation of new opportunities in the partner engagement journey for existing/new business partners as well as champion internally across organizations to improve processes that drive efficiencies.
- Build a cohesive customer centric experience toolset that can be leveraged across a multi-faceted portfolio of products/services.
- Help craft Discover’s Partner/Customer interaction strategy and support for future.
- Partner with Marketing, Operations, Technology, Development and Product teams to ensure user experience is as frictionless as possible and implement recommendations to improve conversion rate at each step of the customer journey.
- Assess the performance of and shape the structure and direction of new and existing product lines
- Lead the development and execution of strategic product plans for key initiatives, such as the introduction of new products, product line extensions or product enhancements.
- Be accountable for achieving specific goals for each product, including evaluating product performance and identifying innovations to address customer needs and improve product performance in the market.
How You’ll Do It
- Identify sources, monitor, analyze and interpret key product performance metrics including financials, network volumes, other key statistics and internal/external customer feedback trends, then develop and communicate findings and make strategic and tactical recommendations for performance improvements.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop strategies and methodologies to on-board new partners.
- Track and understand industry trends, research findings and competitive innovations.
- Provide business analysis and reporting on a periodic basis.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop or support sales efforts or go-to-market strategies.
- Serve as product management business lead on cross-functional teams, including internal departments such as sales, operations, legal, marketing, finance, technology in the evaluation, development, management and/or enhancement of assigned products and/or programs.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Social Sciences, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments, or related including Product Management Experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Social Sciences, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Fintech platforms, start-ups, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments, or related
- Strong experience with digital innovation and working on Partner journey mapping for B2B products/services.
- Experience designing customer facing payments platform through user journey identification
- Deep understanding of the payments industry and the evolving landscape
- Strong experience working with UI/UX and/or building/launching customer facing services and platforms, and applying design thinking to drive an optimized consumer experience
- Experience working on Digital transformation
- Experience working with API products and API strategy
#LI-BP1 #Remote #APIstrategy #APIproducts #UI #UX #digitalpayments
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.