Product Manager II, Freight Forwarding Platform at Flexport
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
Join us in innovating and automating the Freight Forwarding experience for global internal and partner Operators where we deliver the right work to the right people at the right time, becoming the most cost efficient service providers in the industry.You will:
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to deliver a product strategy and roadmap that helps Flexport decouple our cost-to-serve from our growing business, bringing to life the next generation of workflow tools that enable Operators to deliver Flexport’s services.
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations specialists to implement your product vision and drive adoption with end users.
- Become a domain expert: understand our various user operation personas and the work involved to move freight across air, land, and sea.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to conduct research and user discovery and build a cohesive product and user experience.
- Work with a global team across San Francisco, Chicago, Shenzhen and Amsterdam.
- At least 3 years of product management or relevant work experience.
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPI’s, and can methodically ship product that moves the needle.
- Technical competence – you can discuss API’s and services with the engineering team (you don’t need to be able to code).
- Empathy for end users - partner with Design team to craft intuitive workflows that improve our user experience and satisfaction.
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and collaborate with other product managers dependencies and impacts.
- Executive presence: you can hold your own with our senior leadership team.
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product experience
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Experience building internal tools
- Developed products with a global audience
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.