Product Manager - Pharmacy Platforms at Walgreens
Join the team working on the largest initiative in the history of our company, Pharmacy Renewal. This initiative seeks to design and build the largest, most advanced pharmacy infrastructure in the world from the ground up. Empowered to operate as an innovation center, this initiative represents one of Walgreens most important programs at global, national and local levels. US, UK, Poland, Argentina and Italy based teams will be leveraging the most advanced and exciting technologies to build on Walgreens parent company, Walgreens Boots Alliance strategic vision to service the 13,100 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores.
As a key member of the Product, Pharmacy Platform team, you will own the strategic development of an industry-leading product that helps our pharmacy team deliver better customer experience on a daily basis. In this role, we are looking for someone who has a passion for design and understands how technology can enhance lives.
Key to success in this role is to lead the market research to develop the best product for our internal consumer. You will also have the opportunity to work directly with our pharmacy team members, understand their needs and help come up with innovative solutions.
As a Product Manager in Pharmacy Renewal, you are responsible for translating business strategy and goals into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap for a key product area. You will work collaboratively to manage prioritization among strategy, operations, user experience, engineering, and other cross-functional teams.
As you manage your assigned area of the roadmap, you must engage, inspire and enable your team of analysts to strategically resolve issues, maintain pace and meet the strategic, financial and technical outcomes to deliver an industry-leading product.
The position is currently located at 1435 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, IL 60015, but will relocate to The Old Main Post Office on 433 W Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60607 when construction of the new tech office is completed.
- Translates the divisional goals and customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap for key product area.
- Develops and maintains the product and feature roadmap for assigned area. Manages prioritization among user experience, technology and central marketing organizations.
- Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues for assigned product area that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Works closely with the engineering technology team and user interface designers to define detailed key product requirements.
- Coaches, mentors and develops a team. May be responsible for managing other members of the Product Team.
- Grows adoption and usage of the Walgreens pharmacy business. Identifies and quantifies the customer segments with strong growth potential, creating Develops the business case and strategy for targeting. Implements growth strategy by coordinating cross-functional teams to deliver any necessary changes.
- Measures and analyzes impact of existing functionality. Identifies opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer. Builds strong internal relationships with technology and development teams to drive implementation.
- Measures and analyzes the impact of existing products and services. Identifies opportunities to innovate and improve. Builds strong internal relationships with the user experience, technology and support organizations to drive implementation of new solutions.
- Conducts business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring and reporting.
- Identifies industry best practices in pharmacy and builds partner relationships. Understands how technology advancements drive sales and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in consumer-facing or internal client-facing solution development, OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in solution development.
- At least 3 years of experience in product management, business development, or management consulting.
- Experience working with product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional team to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- MBA, Master’s Degree or other advanced degree.
- Experience in pharmacy, healthcare, or retail industry.
- Experience developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.