M1 is a young, rapidly growing company determined to reinvent personal finance. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money fall short of what's possible with new technologies, and we're looking to change that. We're building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money through a free and intuitive automated financial platform. We already manage hundreds of millions of dollars and are signing up thousands of new customers each week, but we’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
For this role, we're looking for someone that can bring a data-driven, business-oriented approach to product management. We are looking for someone to help us harness our data to identify opportunities, track results, and facilitate better decision-making. We need someone to utilize their understanding of economics to help us track and achieve financial goals and to bring a strong knowledge of investing, personal finance, and fintech to the table to help understand customer needs and build a great product.
We’re seeking a Product Manager to join our Product team and to help us build and ideate on the next generation of investment and money management tools. Our Product Team is comprised of product designers, mobile engineers, web engineers, and QA Engineers, and our product managers will coordinate with all of those team members to build and improve upon our existing web application, mobile applications, and our internal processes. Product Managers will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, including the prioritization, planning, research, design, engineering, testing, release, and measurement phases. We’re looking for someone who can have a huge impact and help us push our products forward.
We’re a high-performance, high-impact team that values curiosity, collaboration, and transparency. Everyone has a direct hand in shaping the future of the product. If you’re the kind of Product Manager who is looking to both help us grow and grow with us— then we’d love to talk to you.
Diversity is important to us and unique perspectives are welcome.
- Facilitate projects through the development pipeline, building and improving upon development and design processes that drive the team
- Facilitate team meetings, including stand-ups and retrospectives
- Define, measure, and report on Product KPIs to leadership and stakeholders, while measuring the effectiveness of past and new efforts
- Write detailed specifications for feature implementations
- Provide support for the internal team while working to remove roadblocks
- Ensure that we listen to and understand customer wants, monitor competitors, quantify value, and help steer the direction of the product
- Assist in quarterly planning and scoping, manage our backlog, and run the prioritization process
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams, like marketing, operations, customer support, engineering, and compliance
- 2-5 years of experience in Product Management in a fast-pace, high-growth environment
- A good understanding of, and interest in, investing, personal finance, and the fintech space
- Ability to bring a business and/or analytical mindset to product management
- Working knowledge of SQL for data analytics
- Ability to collaborate with many different teams and coordinate efforts across product lines
- Ability to coordinate with leadership to ensure the product aligns with overall business goals
- Ability to develop, monitor, and report on metrics across platforms
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile environment