Product Manager at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long-term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to shape our product strategy and prioritize our efforts to provide exception savings to some of the largest employers and companies in America.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
About the Role
This is an exciting season at PerkSpot. By practically and measure, PerkSpot is growing at a rate that exceeds expectations in our industry. While we don’t see any signs that will change, we are rapidly expanding our teams in product and technology to meet the next stage of opportunities that have been created by our growth. We’re the leaders in negotiating private employee discount programs. As we have expanded the breadth of savings opportunities within our marketplace, we have recognized the need to leverage data and technology to ensure our users find the most relevant savings opportunities for them and their families.
A successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in a tech-enabled business, preferably in ecommerce.
- Experience collaborating with talented technology teams of 15-30 people, preferably in a mix of in-house, local and off-shore talent using an agile/Scrum-based approach.
- Demonstrable experience developing and communicating enterprise-wide product roadmaps, and leading the collaboration around priorities and resource constraints.
- Experience validating and refining product strategy through market research, modeling, and testing.
- The ability to thrive and extend a KPI/ROI-based culture of results.
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, as well as gain a better understanding of the HR industry in general.
- Outline your first guess at how you can improve our product in the next 12-24 months at PerkSpot.
- Meet with members across the company, including executives.
Throughout Your Career Here
- You will impact the lives of millions of people and their families.
- Your friends and family are going to understand the work you do, because you’re rarely more than a couple blocks from an employer or brand whom PerkSpot works with.
- You will develop a consistent track record of “winning the right way.” Winning because you delivered results in an ethical way you can feel good about, and you made smart decisions that have long-term impacts on the success of PerkSpot.
- Be an owner. Every employee receives meaningful equity ownership in the company.
- Deploy millions of dollars toward a product roadmap that tangibly contributed to the impressive growth of PerkSpot.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot. We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner, by putting in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.