Product Manager at Hireology
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last 10 years, we have grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 165 team members, and we've created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Product Manager, Platform to our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team while having a substantial impact on our growth.
Reporting to our Group Product Manager, Platform, you will formulate strategy and execution for specific business problems that are critical to Hireology’s success. It’s a unique high-impact role blending product, technical, and commercial aspects. You will solve customer problems, and evangelize those innovations internally and externally.
As our Product Manager, you'll be responsible, in-partnership with other PMs, for:
- Collaborate with Group Product Manager, Platform to formulate and execute the platform and ecosystem strategy
- Translating a product vision and strategy into tangible projects and requirements
- Develop business cases and rationale to validate roadmaps and strategies
- Manage the overall business requirements, process design documentation and deliverables, leveraging practices and tools, in alignment with industry best practices
- Collaborate with peers and leaders across the business to solicit needs and ensure outcomes align with enterprise priorities and goals
- Define initiative success criteria and business metrics to measure results, including reporting results and making future recommendations based on those results
- Evaluate and report progress against roadmap and defined outcomes to stakeholders
- Evangelize a strong customer focus and customer experience that aligns decision making
- Develop a strong collaborative working partnership with other product managers and technology teams to manage dependencies on cross-team initiatives
- Partner with stakeholders to develop appropriate change management strategy and training materials to ensure successful uptake and adoption of new tools and processes
- Develop and launch sourcing solutions that meet the needs of the customer and drive strong business outcomes
- Collaborate with new and existing industry standard job board partners, vertical specific sourcing solutions, enabling technology solution providers, social & search platforms (e.g., Facebook, Google) to develop new and optimize existing applicant sourcing integrations
- Collaborate with Hireology’s integrated solution partner ecosystem (e.g, Onboarding, Reference Checks) to develop new and enhance existing solutions to meet the needs of the customer
- Lead efforts to integrate against new or enhance existing strategic partners
- Execute the efforts to build push APIs and position Hireology as a desired partner for others to integrate against
Product Management Operations & Collaboration
- Triage bugs, documenting technical problems and recommending relative priority of fixes
- Rigorously leverage data and analytics to drive decisions, features and design
- Collaborate with Leadership, Engineering, Marketing, Finance and Accounting on new and ongoing initiatives
- Talk to customers & partners, assess feedback & use cases, and define partner-level integration requirements to ensure seamless product experience across the ecosystem
- Present recommendations and accompanying analyses to Product leadership
- Wear many hats and potentially work on a variety of other PM projects
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Metrics-Driven: We make decisions based on data, so we expect you to be a disciplined leader who reasons through frameworks, trends, and data observations.
- Effective Communicator: You need to be able to speak to various audiences via diverse channels, including customer calls, partner meetings, and company town halls.
- Problem Solver: Product development can be challenging, with new developments everyday. You’ll manage and provide guidance on problems or issues as they arise, and proactively look for solutions that offer wider benefits.
- Track Record: Must have a proven record of driving results in high-growth companies and must have an inner drive to succeed
- Work Independently and with a Team: Some people work best individually and some as part of a team. The ideal candidate is a chameleon who can succeed both on their own and work within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Calculated Risk-Taking: The candidate would have former and new colleagues, stakeholders, and external partners advocate for them as an innovator, a strong productive partner, and entrepreneurial. This person respects the rules but doesn’t always follow them, to consistently deliver breakthroughs.
- 5-6 years of product management background with success stories, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Must have experience executing upon an API-based strategy and developing a partner ecosystem
- Experience working in HR tech is strongly preferred
- Highly analytical mindset and obsessive about driving measure, iterative improvement
- Demonstrated ability to learn new processes, vocabulary, and workflows in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience translating objectives into specific tactical plans. You’ll need to define, measure, and improve key product metrics.
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Product team. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our senior leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.