Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Product Manager, Account Opening
Avant is looking for a Product Manager, Account Opening who’s ready to continuously improve access to all of Avant’s digital products. Product Managers at Avant are cross-functional leaders, defining the goals not just for the customer experience and technology, but ultimately for our entire business. Our ideal candidate will be collaborative, comfortable taking the lead on key deliverables, contribute to the broader team goals, and partner with stakeholders in Engineering, Credit, and Banking. Together, you will enable a seamless customer experience and drive forward the execution of key business initiatives.
What you will do at Avant:
- Drive the ideation, development and implementation of our Account Opening technologies and design
- Partner closely with a diverse set of stakeholders across Avant to define and execute on the Account Opening product roadmap
- Take ownership of your products by defining capabilities - present and future - understanding how these capabilities advance the enterprise business strategy and objectives
- Develop and present product requirements documents
- Manage a portion of the overall product backlog, working with all departments to ensure that they have what they need to be successful
- Work closely with development teams in an agile environment
- See the big picture and connect how your work ties to broader business goals versus working in isolation
Why you are fit for Avant:
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get sh!t done!"
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders across the organization, with an eye towards building cross-functional collaboration and support
- Passionate about building an inclusive and transparent financial services experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field (Business, Finance, Engineering)
- 1-3 years of experience working in financial services industry or in a high growth technology company
- You are excited about advancing Avant’s mission and vision, delivering excellent products and services to our customers
Other desirable skills and experience:
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers and business teams to understand the technical scope of products and features
- Working knowledge of an agile development environment
- Developed or contributed to building intuitive web and mobile experiences
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.