Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last eight years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 175 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Product Owner to our team.
Reporting to our VP of Product, you will own the execution of our product roadmap and discovery process, and solve interesting problems. As our Product Owner, you'll be responsible for setting the development roadmap for product enhancements and executing on that roadmap. You will develop and drive business requirements. You'll work with product managers to translate market trends, customer needs, and competitive intelligence into innovative deliverables that solve customer problems, and evangelize those innovations internally and externally.
As our Product Owner, you'll be responsible for:
- Translate a product vision and strategy into tactical plans
- Define, measure and improve key product metrics
- Align cross-functional stakeholders across the organization, from Sales and Operations to Marketing and Executives
- Rigorously leverage data and analytics to drive decisions, features and design
- Collaborate with Leadership, Engineering, Marketing, Finance and Accounting on new and ongoing initiatives
- Work with Customer Success to ingest customer feedback and develop future improvements
- Present recommendations and accompanying analyses to leadership
- Wear many hats and potentially work on a variety of other PM projects
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Results-Driven: Must have a proven record of driving results in high-growth companies and must have an inner drive to succeed
- Work Independently and with a Team: Some people work best individually and some as part of a team. The ideal candidate is a chameleon who can succeed both on their own and work within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Time Management Guru: The Product Owner role is one that will pull you in multiple directions and you must be able to prioritize and manage your time. The ideal candidate will naturally be able to differentiate urgent, important, and urgently important tasks.
- 3-5 years of product management background with success stories, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Ability to build alignment around the product roadmap. You should have an assertive, direct communication style with a flair for inspiring and motivating others.
- Experience leading substantial aspects of product management. That means identifying opportunities, defining a product roadmap, creating business cases, driving execution activities, and measuring results.
- Experience translating objectives into specific tactical plans. You’ll need to define, measure, and improve key product metrics.
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Product team to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with our Vice President of Product. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our senior leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.