Product Owner – EPP Data Services at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Key member of the business who is the conduit to technology through the Agile team. Responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. Ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused on the Agile team and implementation. Reviews and accepts user stories. Partners with Product Managers to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles.
- Provides status updates to the business and management.
- Manages and prioritizes sprint backlogs.
- Empowers decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint. Approves each user story during the sprint.
- Develops user stories from prioritized features. Leads efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories meet the Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the system.
- Collaborates with Agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions.
- Partners with agile team to deliver customer and business value through product features.
- Define Acceptance criteria for User Stories that are appropriate to the functionality being developed, ensuring they cover the necessary positive and negative scenarios, as well as any unusual situations that might occur
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related
- Previous experience with Payment Services or financial transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile development practices, specifically Scrum and SAFe
- Experience with User Story creation and management in Rally and Jira
- Advanced organizational skills to continue progress on multiple complex deliverables in parallel
- A process improvement mindset to consistently improve the way we work
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.