Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The position is for a Marketing Technology Product Owner within the new Data and Analytics (DNA) organization at Discover. The candidate will define and support the MarTech strategy and roadmap. The candidate will work closely with enterprise stakeholders across Discover to lead strategy and execution on the platform roadmap that enable internal customers to succeed with their marketing & customer servicing needs and investments. Ideal candidate would demonstrate good understanding of various MarTech solutions including Customer Data Platform (CDP), Customer Journey Orchestration (CJO) platforms, Data driven marketing decisioning, Email Service Providers (ESP), Web Optimization and Content Management systems.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the conduit to technology through the Agile team.
- Write user stories that align to the product features and ensure the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized.
- Review and accept user stories, and partner with Product Managers to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles.
How You’ll Do It
- Provide status updates to the business and management.
- Manage and prioritizes sprint backlogs.
- Empower decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint.
- Lead efforts to attain product vision and objectives.
- Develop user stories from prioritized features, identify acceptance criteria for user stories, approve each user story during the sprint, ensure that user stories meet the Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the system.
- Collaborate with Agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions and deliver customer and business value through product features.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology, finance, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related
- Experience in Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), Workfront, Decision Science, Digital Analytics, Salesforce, Tag Management System (TMS), Data Management Platform (DMP), Customer Data Platform (CDP), Optimization, Journey Orchestration, Google Analytics, Measurement, Media Mix Modeling, Ad Serving, Marketing Automation, Salesforce, Identity Resolution, ID Graphs and Data Privacy a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.