Product Owner at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
We’re seeking a Product Owner to join our team full-time. The Product Owner will work with the Product Lead and owner to ensure the conceptual and technical goals of the project are met on behalf of the client. In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing functional requirements, execution, and performance for a core set of features and/or components. You’ll work closely with the product leads, product designers, developers and QA.Qualifications
- Relevant experience in product management
- Has solid experience with JIRA, Confluence, Lucidchart
- Has solid skills in research and competitive analysis
- Has a solid understanding of how to read JSON and an ERD
- Ability to consistently enforce process
- Works with Director, Product Development, and Product lead to review work before handing off to the team
- Can articulate the goals of their project as well as the rationale behind requirements during client demos.
- Prioritizes feedback and consistently responds and reacts productively and meaningfully.
- In the face of complexity, able to work with others to suggest productive first steps.
- Communicates proactively with clients. May require guidance on stakeholder management.
- Desire to learn and become a SME in a number of different industries
- Work on larger projects with guidance from a Director, Product Development, VP, Design, and/or VP, Product Development to ensure successful delivery and client satisfaction
- Work on smaller projects with limited guidance
- Hands-on tactical practitioner with explicit accountability for the quality of their work.
- Responsible for managing the tasks and output of an individual project.
- Manage time effectively and keep the design and development team unblocked.
- Growing understanding of development and technical constraints.
- Contribute to status updates with the help of a Director, Product Development, VP, Design and/or Product Lead
- Can run mostly autonomously on blue sky simple B2B and B2C applications
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.