Founded in 2001, Adage is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy. It’s our people first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology.
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Our product owners translate complex technical and ambiguous business requirements into impactful products that serve our clients and their users.
As the vision keeper of their cross-functional scrum team, the Product Owner manages a portfolio of clients’ websites, mobile and commerce solutions. The product owner works closely with clients to understand their goals through effective communication, abstract requirements gathering, and collaborative road-mapping. The product owner manages their clients’ timelines and budgets, in addition to product requirements, and possesses an effortless project management style that conveys curiosity, humility, and confidence.
Our ideal candidate can quickly grasp highly complex requests and craft creative approaches to marketable products that effectively addresses client needs. Well-versed in big picture thinking, the candidate is also comfortable dealing with uncomfortable situations that require transparency and clarity.
What you will be doing:
- Consolidate requests, designs, and technical research to create well-defined, well-documented and prioritized requirements and user stories
- Collaborate with internal team and clients to prioritize the roadmap and champions the features which will provide the most internal and external value
- Manage a portfolio of clients in different lifecycles of product delivery
- Stay well-informed about our clients’ business initiatives to conceptualize features that achieve their objectives
- Track project budgets, deadlines and general progress towards project completion
- Translate and communicate project requirements to your team
- Monitor threats, risks and opportunities that might affect the success of projects and hold accountability for the overall solution
- Maintain an open and honest line of communication with clients on project status
- Participate in testing for quality assurance and user acceptance
- Provide digital strategy and product ownership leadership to the Adage team and your clients,
We want someone who:
- Has client-facing experience at a digital marketing or web and software development organization
- Has agile scrum delivery experience in a full-time product owner role
- Has at least 4 - 6 years’ experience cultivating new work with existing clients, writing SOW's, estimating project costs and estimating project timelines
- Understands and can create tangible clarity around abstract ideas
- Has strong business writing skills and presentation skills
- Communicates exceptionally well in phone calls and through email
- Can effectively communicate vision to different kinds of stakeholders and team members
- Has proven organization skills and attention to detail while retaining big picture goals
- Enjoys working with developers and designers to understand technology requirements
- Is unafraid of asking questions
- Is willing to challenge certain feature sets or ideas in a positive and collaborative manner
- Has a track record of successful delivery of medium and large scale software development projects to production.
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 90% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.