We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee size! The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached 6 million in 2019, up 30 percent versus the prior year.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic and talented Senior Business Analyst to join our growing team. As a key player on our Product team, you are prepared to build productive cross-functional relationships and leverage your technical expertise to advance an ambitious product roadmap. You’re a critical thinker who is analytical and collaborative, and you thrive on understanding and translating business objectives to inform and communicate clearly defined and strategically prioritized stories and acceptance criteria. You have experience working in an agile SaaS product development environment, and concurrently leading frequent discovery, ideation, and development initiatives across multiple teams, .
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Manage epics//feature backlog grooming and prioritization
- Manage user story development, sprint planning, and sprint reviews for 2+ developer teams and provide support for highly technical projects
- Develop user stories for assigned projects, ensure user stories are “ready” for development to start work, that each story has the correct acceptance criteria
- Provide support for client-facing teams and own major escalations and high value projects
- Train internal teams on new features and products
- Work with development teams to ensure committed user stories are completed
- Collaborate with Product Management leadership to understand and translate business objectives into actionable user stories and acceptance criteria
- Provide regular development updates and insights to Product Management leadership
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Sales, and Development team members, defining requirements for customer SOW engagements
- Engage with customers to gain a better understanding of their work and how BenchPrep products can assist them
- Retroactively review development initiatives and celebrate team successes
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the Product Management team is responsible for the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
You should have:
- 5 years of experience in a technical product owner role
- A demonstrated mastery on agile development methodologies
- A demonstrated mastery in feature backlog analysis
- A demonstrated mastery in user story management
- Some familiarity with customer research
- A demonstrated mastery of project management skills
- A mastery in the coordination of usability sessions
- A mastery with the training of internal stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office, JIRA, Confluence, GSuite
- A mastery with cross-functional communication skills
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.