Senior Director of Product Management Disease State at Walgreens
Responsible for overseeing the company wide development of disease state strategies. Works cross-functionally with sales, marketing, operations and multiple enterprise businesses to align objectives and encourage follow through of strategic go to market programs. Collaborates with Walgreens business units and support divisions to develop, communicate and manage processes and procedures. Guides the development and delivery of product and service related training to Walgreens personnel. Guides the product development process to design product’s features, functions, and enhancements to ensure successful delivery of product services across the company. Participates and champions change ownership efforts within enterprise Walgreens needed to strengthen product implementation results. Guides the definition and measurement of metrics used to measure results at all operational levels. Owns the vision for programs and services which span across Walgreens channels – including, but not limited to advocacy, customer partnerships, value proposition planning, collaboration with internal clinical teams, market research and planning, etc…
•Guides current and new programs into extensive, significant, revenue generating programs with meaningful market mental acumen.
•Oversees the creation of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) for product lines. Ensures standardization of the process and procedures, and oversees the creation of communications and the development of enhanced technology related to the product operations.
•Guides P&L analysis of pharmacy programs and ensures success of existing programs through periodic reporting and development, maintenance and communication of key metrics. Oversees the evaluation and measurement of performance and continual improvement of project teams.
•Implements a strategic & tactical plan of developing products and services that anticipate customer needs and attitudes and integrates opportunities that transition Walgreens into a global organization.
•Develops the design and delivery of multi-media communications to executive management Walgreens business units, the industry and the field. Reviews and edits program marketing communications and oversees the development of policies and procedural documentation.
•Leads the implementation, follow through and evaluation of training, intranet sites, and other media as developed to support the delivery of the product.
•Serves as the point of contact for internal clients and external vendors for all product operations and works with them to manage the product line. Influence operational units that are out of the span of control and is a subject matter expert on the programs.
•Leads the development and implementation of payor and/or physician agreements for each state as applicable to the product(s). Ensures requirements are documented and ensures state and federal compliance regarding product related regulation compliance.
•Responsible for developing, coaching, and mentoring staff through training programs and performance ownership programs.
•Business owner for specific health condition(s) for the Walgreen enterprise, including all divisions and businesses (Walgreens, Healthcare clinics, Alliance Boots, AmeriSource Bergen, etc)
•Business owner for the creation and communication of health condition strategy and value proposition to the company.
•Establish and build upon key external relationships, strategic partnerships, advocacy/policy support for health conditions and the brand.
•Works closely with government, employer, managed care and other business partners in order to define overall plan and tactical development.
•Responsible for providing the related education and training of sales organizations
•Provides input and direction around design and development of economical patient care programs that deliver improved measurable outcomes to be implemented and monitored by Operations
•Provide expertise/support for M&A opportunities; make recommendations for business development and expansion.
•Serve as SME for trade relations/PhRMA.
•Business owner for identification/evaluation of clinical education and training needs for company clinicians (to be implemented by operations).
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
• Bachelor’s degree at least eight years of experience managing operations, product ownership, product development, and/or large scale implementations with the product to be managed OR Associate’s degree and at least fifteen years of experience managing operations, product ownership, product development, and/or large scale implementations with the product to be managed.
• At least 5 years managing operations in the healthcare industry.
• At least 5 years of experience supporting and collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix structure and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
• Experience using time organization skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
• Experience with project ownership (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the effective completion of specific project goals and targets).
• Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet program’s goals within budget and established timelines.
• Experience with MS Office Suite
• At least five years of experience closely managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and instructing people as they work
• Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state, including global travel).
- Master’s Degree in Business, Project Management, or Healthcare related field.
- Experience working in a retail pharmacy