Senior Director, Product Management - Software Solutions at Walgreens
Accountable for product strategy and product management for a portfolio of existing and new transformative omnichannel and digital products to achieve customer and business goals and targeted financial and quality results. Responsible for leading the team and product management activities to drive and achieve outcomes which have a significant impact on the customer value and organization's short- and long-term results.
Expected Key Leadership and Product Management Skills
- Customer-Centric Thinking & Analysis
- Product Development Lifecycle Management
- Deep Knowledge of the Industries and the Business
- Technical Acumen
- Stakeholder Management
- Obsession to Simplify
- Bias for Action
- Driving Clarity and Closure
- Directs the operations of an online business unit or a discrete product line, such as to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Develops short- and long-range product and service strategies and plans.
- Directs managers accountable for daily operations of the eCommerce operation, such as content and product development, engineering, and/or editorial content and relies on some key centralized resources such as sales, marketing, finance and administration.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of the strategies and operating plans of the specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions executes or adjusts the operating plans of the business unit directed.
- Accountable for profit and loss of assigned online business unit or product line. Develops budget for specified business unit/product line and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the unit or product line and develops master operational plans.
- Oversees the execution of operating plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Accountable for growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. . Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Oversees and directs the work of director, managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance, IT and/or Operations OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 11 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance, IT and/or Operations.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree/MBA