Senior Manager, Payments Products at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for definition, guidance and execution of product-related activities for a particular portfolio through the entirety of product lifecycle, from strategy and roadmap definition to development and market readiness. Sets business objectives for the product development process and oversees execution, internal or external, as necessary. Supervises product managers and product owners. Works with minimal supervision.
This person plays a critical role envisioning, developing, and guiding products relating to transaction security, authentication and fraud. They are an innovator leveraging the best advancements in technology and business practices combined with a deep knowledge of the payment ecosystem to drive growing and profitable products. This role leverages a team but equally importantly partners cross-functionally with other product leads and shared services teams, both consuming capabilities from those teams and providing capabilities to be consumed internally and externally as products.
- Lead design, development and implementation of new product strategy to support both domestic and international partners
- Grow existing and/or build new product portfolio(s) through new value added features and functionality release and enhanced customer experiences
- Provide vision and direction to a team of product managers
- Closely liaison with internal stakeholders to deliver on shared goals and priorities
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions or Related
- 2+ years of experience in People management, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions or Related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions or Related
- Past involvement with multiple authentication and risk technologies involving payments, domestically and internationally
- Experience with digital payment use cases, business models, and emerging opportunities in payments
- Proven success bringing unique products or variants successfully and profitably to market
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.