Senior Manager, Product Information Management & Solutions, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $700 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Senior Manager, Master Product Information is responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance to build and scale Zoro’s global taxonomy and product data governance strategies. Through their leadership, Zoro will implement new methods to manage and measure product data quality, accuracy, governance and continuity throughout the organization.
This position’s primary focus is to build and lead our Taxonomy and Product Data Governance teams. They will be expected to demonstrate thought leadership around Taxonomy architecture, design and product metadata solutions to help improve our customer’s search and navigation experience.
This role must have technical and functional understanding of product information, data transformation and governance methods, hierarchy and attribute structures. This role will be responsible for marrying processes with technology to drive forward design, development and execution of scalable product data management solutions.
- Create and implement a Master Product Data strategy that will support a best in class customer experience powered by data organization, standardization, quality and governance
- Lead a team of taxonomists and Taxonomy information scientists/architects and create a global taxonomy strategy that allows for accurate product classification, integrates attribute definition and assignment and makes it easier for our customers to find the products they need
- Collaborate with Architecture and Technology leads to launch scalable and reliable data solutions, support any system integration efforts, and create operational efficiencies through automation and process improvement
- Collaborate with Technology partners to ensure successful data flows across all Zoro Data systems to achieve continuity SLAs
- Build and lead a team to operationalize governance processes for creation/change of data, define business rules, and to implement and improve data standards, quality, integrity, and consistency
- Responsible for Master Product data roadmap, and partnering with leadership across multiple teams and serving as an SME of Product data within the Zoro organization
- Contribute to team goal setting and defining functional KPI’s and Metrics
- Be a champion of engagement, diversity and inclusion efforts across the team and broader organization
- BS/MS in Product Information, Information Science, or related field preferred
- 5-7 years of experience working with product information, information management or MDM
- 2+ years of people management as a team lead or manager
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and exposure to the following Master Product Information Concepts
- Data Cleansing & Standardization Process
- Data Transformation and Governance
- Data Integration & Data Enrichment
- Hierarchy and Attribute Management
- A deep understanding of product and product data lifecycle (data tagging, data quality, master data management, data warehouses)
- Must have a technical background and be able to lead data integration, data modeling, MDM workflow, etc. through first-hand understanding of the work
- Experience working with Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to build out scalable data models, machine learning and AI solutions
- Demonstrate the Zoro values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning & Losing Together and Customer Obsession
- Holistic knowledge of the ecommerce environment
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to foster an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.