Senior Non-Relational Data Product Owner at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This role can be based out of our Riverwoods, IL or downtown Chicago office.
- Using modern SDLC practices and tools, lead the design, build and operations of non-relational data platforms like Pivotal’s Gemfire, Datastax Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, etc. that support Discover’s application development teams.
- Drive the continuous improvement of Non-relational Data capabilities through internal user groups and market research.
- Partner with key stakeholders as a platform champion, and coach on how to use platform capabilities effectively.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to infrastructure and application development peers.
- Help establish and drive the adoption of appropriate technical practices, policies and pattern within the Chapter necessary to deliver world-class Non-relational Data capabilities to our Product teams.
- Implement Configuration Management, Infrastructure- and Compliance-as-Code using modern tools (e.g. Concourse, Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Python). Subject matter expertise is required in at least one of them.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Product Manager, Technology Product or Team Leadership or related field
Preferred Technical Qualifications
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience building and running mission critical systems using Pivotal’s Gemfire or PCC, Cassamdra or any AWS related service (eg. DynamoDB)
- Demonstrated ability to use Infrastructure- and Compliance-as-Code principles and tools to provision and manage those systems
- Experience working within at least one Agile framework
- Experience with IDEs, code versioning repos (eg. git) and delivery pipelines (eg. Jenkins)
- Compliance as Code and infrastructure testing using INSPEC or like framework
- Experience developing and integrating against APIs
- AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment is a plus
- Experience developing and managing of some provisioning orchestrator, eg. vRA, OpenStack
- Demonstrated contributions to some OSS project
- Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill-sets (e.g. Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects)
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.