Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a new Product Analyst to join the team in Chicago.
The Product team is revolutionizing access to credit by innovative mathematical models, and we bring that data-driven analytics approach to the entire customer experience. As part of our Product team, you will leverage our fast growing structured and unstructured dataset to better understand our customers. Your projects could range from improving the customer experience on our web and mobile applications to designing and implementing new underwriting rules.
We are looking for someone to drive major initiatives through a complex business and have the pulse of best practices when it comes to customer service and success. This person will need to entrepreneurial mindset when it comes building a best in class customer experience.
What you do at Avant:
- Own all aspects of our internal customer service platform
- Design and implement a frictionless customer experience
- Define metrics to measure customer success on our platform
- Decide what/how to measure – using the data to develop KPIs and determine how to visualize and monitor in an automated fashion
- Driving change through analysis – tackling tough questions from business and technical teams and summarizing your findings in a clear and actionable fashion for key stakeholders, including C-level executives
- Influence and collaborate with other business units – including Engineering, Risk, Marketing, and Business Development – on new initiatives, project requests, prioritization and delivery
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, information systems, or related field
- Proficiency with Excel or a similar analytical tool
- Exposure to Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, or similar tool
- A quantitative and analytics orientation to decision making
- Ability and interest in developing familiarity in new software languages and analytical tools, where applicable
- Knowledge of SQL, Python and/or R
- Experience with web/mobile product analytics or financial services / risk management
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative, and critical thinking
- Proven ability to solve challenging problems while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.