Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology.
If you want to make the world a better place, it turns out that parking spaces are a fantastic place to start. Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, that would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! And that’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you—the whole you—and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
What is a Sr. Product Manager of Data at SpotHero?
SpotHero is seeking a Sr. Product Manager of Data to empower and collaborate with the entire organization to make data-driven predictions and decisions to support SpotHero’s vision. This role will be foundational in building out our Data Platform and Data Science products, and an integral piece in building a strategic roadmap for our data products. This will be a far-reaching role that will have a dramatic impact across all aspects of our business including our customers, external partners, and internal teams.
Sound like you? Keep reading!
What you will get to do:
- Build and nurture a vision and strategy for our data engineering, data science, and data services.
- Translate that vision and strategy into a roadmap and prioritize features for highest impact and fastest time-to-market.
- Partner with other Product Managers to help them quantitatively measure success for products being developed.
- Glean insights about our drivers and operators from qualitative and quantitative research which will inform future product decisions including establishing how data accuracy is measured and tested.
- Work with all stakeholders across the organization to identify and establish a process for data modeling, data exploration, and data visualization.
- Work with engineers to identify the optimal solutions to meet current and future strategic needs while keeping data vision and roadmap in mind.
- You will maintain your squads’ products through the entire software development lifecycle. You will make decisions around iteration, re-investment, and sunsetting of product features and functionality by working as a cohesive team.
- By using product analytics systems (such as Optimizely, Mixpanel, Quicksight and Looker), you will deliver results so SpotHero can drive toward our goals.
- Drive the definition and governance of our master data to ensure consistency.
Who you are:
- You are a clear communicator and keep effective documentation. You can speak to a feature’s impact as well as project delivery; whether it’s with a colleague or presenting to leadership.
- You are Detail-Oriented - You sweat the details. You understand that data pipelines & dashboards can be nuanced and complex, and you strive to understand the nitty-gritty details behind them
- You are analytically driven. You love data. You are comfortable with manipulation and quantitative analysis of large data sets.
- You can use SQL to query, join, analyze, and visualize large data sets. You are familiar with statistical analysis concepts using programming tools like Python or R. Knowledge of ETL processes preferred. Able to gain a basic understanding of what code is doing to transform data.
- You are empathetic - you understand and care how your decisions impact the work of others. You notice how everything is holistically connected at SpotHero.
- You are Results Oriented - You set benchmarks, measure progress, and communicate results
- You are a creative problem solver. You are inspired by taking initiative, developing new strategies, and thinking about what’s next.
- You Influence without Authority - You are able to gain buy-in and cooperation from a wide range of stakeholders
- You hold yourself accountable when something goes awry and you’re not afraid to signal for help.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience working in product management working with numerous external analytics tools with use across different departments, with various intersections of internally generated data.
- You’ve previously launched and iterated a product or service while in high growth or scaling environments.
- Experience working with SQL/Python/R, APIs, machine learning, and data science
- Ability to analyze, assess, and derive insights from data, that then become hypotheses you test in a split or multivariate test.
- You are incredibly customer-focused with a track record of driving results based on their needs and challenges.
- You are innately tech savvy, and you have a willingness to learn and share learnings with others.
- A true team player - you speak and lead with humility, and adopt a player-coach mindset.
Seeking candidates in the below locations:
- Chicago, IL, US
- New York City, NY, US
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a leading e-commerce company with the opportunity to grow into any of several roles within the company.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Excellent benefits – We cover 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.