Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $2 billion of assets; we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
We’re seeking an experienced senior product manager to lead a cross-functional “pod” of designers and engineers. Our pods have the autonomy to devise and build solutions based on a mission from our roadmap, and our product managers are responsible for guiding them — we need someone with demonstrated leadership experience who can command a data-driven and growth-oriented approach to ensure success. A strong knowledge of investing, personal finance, and fintech is a must to understand customer needs and guide decision-making. We’re looking for a strong leader and strategizer who can have a huge impact and push our products forward.
- Ensure that we understand customer needs, monitor the competitive environment, and mind business goals in order to focus attention on the most impactful product work.
- Lead discovery processes and assess opportunities.
- Strategize on, build, and prioritize product roadmaps with product leadership.
- Facilitate projects for your pod and be responsible for setting and achieving measurable goals.
- Facilitate team meetings, including stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Create detailed use cases and specifications for feature implementations.
- Assist in building and improving upon processes that drive the team and your pod.
- Define, measure, and report on product KPIs to leadership and stakeholders, while measuring the effectiveness your pod’s efforts.
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams, like marketing, operations, customer support, engineering, and compliance.
- 5+ years of experience in product management in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Demonstrated experience driving product strategy for a complex product in the B2C space with excellent results.
- Strong understanding of and interest in investing, personal finance, and the fintech space. Prior experience in the industry is a major plus.
- Strong ability to organize product concepts and work processes.
- Ability to bring a business and analytical mindset to product management.
- Ability to collaborate with many different teams and coordinate efforts across product lines.
- Ability to coordinate with leadership to ensure the product aligns with overall business goals.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and report on metrics across platforms.
- Working knowledge of SQL for data analytics.
- Interrogates problems and works out solutions from first principles with structured thinking.
- Adaptable, self-starter, goal-oriented, and growth-minded.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym