Senior Product Manager at Walgreens
This is an exciting role, responsible for incubation of new Products across Retail and Pharmacy Healthcare domains. This role is responsible for the strategic development of new features and management of existing features for the Key Product area that will serve to drive traffic, conversion, revenue growth and profitability for the omni channel operating and customer environment. Works closely with Ops, IT, Marketing and Merchandising. Leads product management for a portfolio of products establishing the strategy & roadmap and driving a shared product vision, expanding awareness and use of customer-focused approaches, and business model innovation across a wide range of cross-functional resources. A key component to success is the ability to introduce lean & agile product discovery and delivery approaches in a traditional, globally distributed organization in order to deliver on roadmaps that contain new, outcome based features that will drive customer engagement, innovative experience, revenue growth and profitability.
This is a management role that requires excellent collaboration & listening skills to effectively work with and influence business leaders, development, user experience, marketing, finance and the market at large. The ideal candidate will bring focus and precision to the details of the product requirements and design, while establishing a strong vision of how the products will be used and perceived and implemented by the business operations. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable in a detailed features meeting, working with senior business partners on product roadmaps, coaching culture change and speaking to large groups of internal stakeholders and customers in the role of subject matter expert.
The successful candidate will have a track record of leading product teams that have a strong culture, a solid vision and can consistently execute. A strong product culture means that the team understands the importance of continuous and rapid testing and learning making mistakes and recovering quickly in order to learn and mitigate the risks. They understand the need for continuous innovation and that great products are the result of true collaboration. He/she will develop a deep understanding of our customers, their needs, and how they are using the physical and digital sites, and will translate high-level strategy into actionable tactics to build outstanding experiences. He/she will be able to understand and balance the perspectives of several stakeholders, and be comfortable making difficult trade-offs, determining how to best use a fixed budget to drive the largest impact for customers and our business. A strong candidate will have a mix of empathy, design thinking, analytical skills, business & financial acumen, technical knowledge, and relationship-building skills, with deep experience in product management and UX principles.
- Responsible for developing, defining and owning the product vision and strategy for assigned product portfolio. Including: project & product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle; gathering and prioritizing business and customer (unmet) needs; and translating needs into product requirements. Reviews the divisional goals and customer experience. Lead cross-functional teams (internal and external) to envision new innovative products, features, product concepts and develop user stories; translating them into a logically sequenced and optimized roadmap.
- Takes an outcome driven approach to creating transformational products. Ensures features align to the business goals and get to market per specifications, achieving desired outcomes and the expected adoption and usage by the Walgreens pharmacy business.
- Identifies the customer segments with strong growth potential and opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer and profitability/ROI to the organization. Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair functionality and/or the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Defines and analyzes markets, including but not limited to the measurement and analysis of existing products and services and evaluates technologies and identifies opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Closely collaborates with engineering and UI/UX to deliver a best-in-class user experience and drive implementation of new product features and strategies.
- Performs business and financial analysis, monitoring and reporting and builds business case to justify expenditures for building products. Performs as Product Management and Agile SME and as consultant to senior management and key stakeholders in area of expertise and in support of product launch efforts.
- Develops and mentors staff of product managers and business analysts through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes.
- Identifies industry best practices and builds partner relationships.
- Understands how technology advancements drive sales and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 6 years of experience in product management/ business management in on-line technology OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 9 years of experience in product management/business management in on-line technology.
- At least 5 years of experience in consumer-facing or internal client-facing solution development.
- At least 5 years of experience in product marketing, product/program management, business development, or management consulting.
- Experience working with the product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or MBA, Masters or other advanced degree.
- Experience managing software products, preferably SaaS, Mobile at scale, such as automation, supply chain, fulfilment products.
- Experience in pharmacy, healthcare or retail industry.
- Experience in the retail industry.