Senior Product Owner at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Focus on the Agile team and implementation and serve as the team’s technology conduit to other business partners.
- Write user stories that align to the product features, ensuring that the story pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. As the only team member authorized to accept stories as done, help ensure quality of story content.
- Support one or more Agile teams — forging significant relationships outside the local team, including working with the product manager to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles.
- Mentor other product owners and provide direction on more complex features.
How You’ll Do It
- Work with a dedicated Agile development team to deliver complex customer/business value through product features.
- Provide periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Serves as point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint.
- Manage and prioritize sprint backlogs continually with team input (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions).
- Collaborate with other product owners and/or product manager to uphold business priority and vision.
- Develop complex user stories from prioritized features in collaboration with product manager.
- Champion efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensure that user stories all meet Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the Agile Management Tool.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology, finance, engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience as experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.