Sr Mgr, eCommerce Merchandising Strategy, Zoro Tools
ZORO is creating innovative digital solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, uber growth team.
Working closely with the Sr. Director, Customer Experience, this role will manage and execute the Merchandising Strategy for Zoro’s online assortment of 2M+ SKUs on an ecommerce website which generates $450M+ in yearly sales.
- The Sr. Manager, Ecommerce Merchandising Strategy is responsible for developing, directing, and implementing online category and product merchandising strategies for Zoro.com’s product categories with particular focus on improving the online customer browse and selection experience, product merchandising, recommendations and add-ons, content optimization and tiering.
- Increase online conversion, total website revenue, lines per order, and AOV by using customer analytics to test and improve on-site merchandising, product taxonomies, category navigation, and overall selection experience for Zoro.com
- The role reports directly to the Sr. Director, Customer Experience and will manage a total team size of 5-8 Ecommerce Merchandise Managers, Ecommerce Channel Merchandisers, and Ecommerce Merchandising Specialists.
- Build merchandising roadmaps, strategies, and KPIs to drive success on the Ecommerce Merchandising team, ensure an excellent shopping experience on Zoro.com, and influence revenue and profitability.
- Lead the Ecommerce Merchandising team responsible for managing online taxonomies, classification and attribute and content governance for an endless assortment of MRO products.
- Create Merchandising Standards to enable consistent category and shopping behavior analysis.
- Champions the value of Merchandising across the organization and has the ability to articulate the overall Online Merchandising structure, process, and strategy.
- Responsible for the development of standard reporting tools, supervising data collection and reporting distribution.
- Create and modify dynamic search-related landing pages to support an improved onsite experience, including page triggers definitions to determine when page is fired and where page is located.
- Provide requirements to UX and UI teams for new templates and features that support landing pages and merchandising features on Zoro.com
- Oversee strategy for implementation of product relationships, shopping content, and various other browse and upsell features.
- Take proactive role in working with Marketing, Customer Verticals, Promotions, and Acquisition teams to create and maintain properly merchandised landing content and pages across channels
- Facilitate and lead cross functional meetings with teams including Onsite Search, Customer Service, Product Management, Content, Copywriting, Pricing, Marketing, and UX to ensure proper presentation and marketing of Zoro product assortment based on product tiers, customer verticals and business objectives.
- Utilize customer and site visitor analytics to make data-driven decisions and derive insightful enhancement hypothesis that will optimize the shopping and navigation experience.
- Monitor competitive activity and react to online trends and best practices to drive best-in-class Merchandising practices at Zoro.
Drives Revenue and Profitability:
- Lead the team to drive revenue, conversion, and AOV by utilizing and recommending new tools, technologies or processes to improve merchandising capabilities onsite and across sales channels
- Drive sales of high-efficiency items to promote profitable web sales while driving an excellent customer experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or Business; MBA strongly preferred.
- 5-7 yrs. experience in Ecommerce, Merchandising, or Product Management
- 3-5 years’ experience managing key suppliers, service providers, or software relationships
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a team of direct reports
- Proven ability to identify and scale processes in a high volume, high SKU online environment
- Experience with PIM, CMS, and other Merchandising and Personalization Tools
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Site Catalyst or similar tools
- Proven ability to make key business decisions from data analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating direction and translating into operational tactics
- Superior interpersonal communication skills which facilitate the building of relationships throughout an organization and decision making
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession
- Minimal travel required
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.