Sr Product Manager- B2B Commercial Payments at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for managing the strategy, development, marketing, and client adoption of products. Manages strategic product plans and the development and implementation of new products and enhancements. Manages relationships with vendor who support products.
The focus of the role will be on global Commercial B2B opportunities, including but not limited to Invoice Payments, Procurement Cards, and Real time payment.
- Develops product strategies, conducts market research, and tests concepts with leadership and client partners. Manages teams to develop enhancements, building internal and external partnerships, and develop marketing strategies for products.
- Defines product roadmaps and features.
- Provides technology teams with product requirements and leads development projects
- Researches competitive products, features, and market trends.
- Manages the Commercial B2B product roadmap, considering key market trends, competitive landscape and Voice of the Customer
- Drive cross-functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority.
- Act as the business sponsor on initiatives and product enhancements to ensure correct interpretation of the product construct and features to achieve business objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Champion initiatives through a governance process and work with other areas, such as compliance, to adhere to standards and policies.
- Prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding initiatives, issues and achievements.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management or Related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Comfortable with Agile methodology for technical development
- Payment Services/Commercial Products and B2B experience
- Extensive knowledge of Payment Services, including Operational and Technical aspects
- Strong communication skills- ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong project management/project planning skills
- Ability to understand business and technical concepts within payments
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.