Sr Product Manager (Emerging Payments) at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
D-PAS is Discover Financial Services’ EMV-compliant payment specification. The Emerging Payment Product team, within Payment Services, Global Products and Pricing division is responsible for definition, guidance and execution of product-related activities for a particular portfolio through the entirety of product lifecycle, from strategy and roadmap definition to development and market readiness. He/she sets business objectives for the product development process and oversees execution, internal or external, as necessary for EMV Contact and Contactless (NFC), mobile payments, and SoftPOS payments.
The role will also be accountable for achieving specific goals for each product, including evaluating product performance, and identifying innovations to address customer needs and improve product performance in the market. The role supervises product managers and product owners (possibility in the future) and works with minimal supervision. The role as it stands today would be an individual contributor level role.
- Lead design, development and implementation of new product strategy to support both domestic and international partners.
- Grow existing and/or build new product portfolio(s) through new value added features and functionality release and enhanced customer experiences.
- Provide vision and direction to a team of product managers.
- Closely liaison with internal stakeholders to deliver on shared goals and priorities. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop or support sales efforts, go-to-market strategies, and methodologies to on-board new partners.
- Shape the structure and assess the performance of new and existing product lines.
- Define and execute strategic product road-maps to build new products, enhance existing products, and improve performance.
- Manage Discover Tap on Mobile (SoftPOS) by leading collaboration with key stakeholders in different parts of the organization (Ex: product delivery, digital, testing and certification, policy, legal and operations)
- Identify sources, monitor, analyze and interpret key product performance metrics including financials, network volumes, other key statistics and internal/external customer feedback trends, then develop and communicate findings and make strategic and tactical recommendations for performance improvements.
- Provide business analysis and reporting on a periodic basis
- Track and understand industry trends, research findings and competitive innovations.
- Represent DGN in industry forums when required
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions or Related
- 2+ years of People management, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions or Related
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions, card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments or Related
- 2+ years of experience in Fintech platforms, start-ups, or related field
- Strong Product Management experience, ideally within Network/Payment Services
- Strategic mindset with technical acumen
- Strong communication skills: ability to work cross-functionally internally as well as externally
#Remote #LI-BP1 #SoftPOS #EMV #contactless
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.