Sr. Product Manager, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 4 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Zoro is creating innovative ecommerce solutions that are transforming the way small and medium businesses find, buy and get the stuff they need to serve their customers. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high-energy, fast-learning team focused on rapid growth.
The Product Manager is a critical leader and contributor to the strategy and execution of improvements to Zoro customers’ experiences. This position will solve customer problems to drive positive outcomes that help Zoro grow and scale as it helps users find the products they need across our endless aisle. The ideal candidate has a passion for discovering and acting on user behavior and feedback and leaning on empathy and creativity to uncover ways to make Zoro.com better. The Product Manager Reports directly to the Head of Product Management, and has no direct reports.
The Product Manager will collaborate daily with user experience architects, user interface designers, software engineers, category merchants, product analysts, data scientists and product operations and project management talent to launch and iterate features onto Zoro.com. This role will deliver on the strategy and Roadmap a section of the user experience and will work directly with a cross-functional development team and Zoro stakeholders to prioritize and deliver the right solutions. The right candidate will strive to strike a balance between driving critical short-term outcomes that ladder to Zoro’s top priorities and goals and longer-term, scalable delivery that will position the business to continue its history of success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the drivers of Zoro’s business and the most significant levels that improve the underlying drivers of value.
- Talk directly to Zoro customers and create frequent feedback loops across the Zoro.com experience to identify friction points and areas for improvement or enhancement.
- Collaborate with Product leadership, and other Product managers, and other business stakeholders define and communicate the vision, critical outcomes and North Star metrics for a Product team driving specific outcomes and solving specific user problems..
- Work with other Product Managers to prioritize user problems into a simple, widely-visible roadmap that shows prioritization of outcomes teams should focus research and discovery efforts.
- Remain in touch with the pulse of how users are interacting with Zoro.com by establishing, monitoring and acting on key leading and lagging indicators.
- Collaborate with technical, product design, analytics, merchandising, data science and other experts to determine the right approach to solving customer problems that balances short-term delivery with iteration to scale.
- Work directly with an agile development team to prioritize and deliver new functionality, feature enhancements, enabling technology, performance improvements, technical and design debt, and defects.
- Effectively set and execute various tests to determine the impact of changes to the user experience, and collaborate with analytics experts to ensure effective measurement of and iteration based on test results.
- Collaborate daily with an agile development team to determine acceptance criteria and Definitions of Done for all delivery, conduct final User Acceptance Testing of completed design and code, and clarify direction and prioritization of delivery.
- Build and manage relationships with outside vendors and technology providers.
- Manage communication and training for new features across the organization and to customers when necessary.
- Maintain competitive and marketplace awareness through research and analysis of current best-in-class and emerging techniques.
- Empathetic, balanced, articulate and persuasive team member who can effectively work with leadership, and who is able to communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical talent.
- Proven track record of gathering requirements and translating into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with partners in Customer Service, User Experience, User Interface design, Quality Assurance, Software Engineering, Architecture, Data Science, Analytics, Digital Merchandising, Marketing, and more.
- Ability to give clear and consistent vision of an initiative or problem to solve to technical teams and stakeholders.
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to develop, lead, motivate and supervise working teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to understand and clearly explain technology.
- May require limited travel (less than 10%) 1-2 times per year for partner visits.
- Has a passion for identifying business opportunities through providing an awesome customer experience.
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required, preferably in business, engineering or another technology-focused field, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 2-4 years’ of Product Management experience, with an emphasis on customer-facing products and B2B Ecommerce, demonstrating a basic level of understanding of the MRO industry.
- 2-4 years of full-time experience managing the strategy, and Roadmap and execution of key business initiatives, marketing, user experience, or eCommerce projects.
- 1-2 years’ experience using Google Analytics or similar software.
- 2-4 years of direct experience working in an agile product development environment with a detailed understanding of the role of the Product Owner in the Scrum framework.
- Experience with the Atlassian software suite, especially Jira and Confluence software, or other enterprise-level delivery and workflow software.
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.