Technical CI/CD Product Owner
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
You will be the primary stakeholder for a product area – working with a highly motivated, boundary pushing delivery team to take feature concepts to delivered customer value on the CI/CD Platform & Release Engineering. Key member of the business who is the conduit to technology through the agile team. Responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. Ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused on the Agile team and implementation. Senior Product Owner plays a significant role in quality and is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as done. Supports one or more Agile team. This role has significant relationships outside the local team, including working with the Product Manager to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles. Mentors other product owners and provides direction on more complex features.
- Works with a dedicated Agile development team to deliver complex customer/business value through product features. Is the conduit to other business partners for this team.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Is the point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the Sprint. Signs off to “accept” each user story during sprint.
- Manages and prioritizes the sprint backlogs continually with team input (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions).
- Collaborates with other Product Owners and/or Product Manager to uphold business priority and vision.
- Develops complex user stories from prioritized features in collaboration with Product Manager.
- Champions efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories all meet Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the Agile Management Tool.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of our customer base and core business value in CI/CD(DevOps Platform) to ensure we continuously deliver more value to our customers and are thinking five steps ahead of the development teams
- Define and Groom User Stories for different capabilities like Source Code Management, Binary Artifact Management, Software Composition Analysis and Code Quality tools in the CI/CD stack
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Product Architect in prioritizing the User Stories defined for delivering maximum customer value
- Collaborate with engineers on a daily basis to share vision and context for decision making as they design and develop the product
- Work with EA and domain peers to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and external trends) to derive technology architecture future state. This includes defining key requirements, principles, architecture models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise. Drive consensus on strategy and approach through all levels in the organization.
- Experience deploying code to Traditional Platforms like Webpshere, Tomcat and JBoss and modern platforms like AWS and Open Shift.
- Reviewing and contributing to technical documentation on product features
- Strong communication skills with an ability to share context from the customer experience with actionable detail
- Understand, advocate, and augment the business and IT strategies
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
- Github Enterprise
- Sonatype Nexus
- Open Shift Platform (OCP)
- Exposure to Software Composition Analysis
- Experience in product development, with prior experience as a product owner
- Hands on Experience on CI/CD Practices in an On Premise & Cloud environments, build infrastructure as code using terraform and containers, as well as, build CI/CD pipelines
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.