Technical Product Manager at Vivid Seats
Our ideal Technical Product Manager candidate is an innovative, flexible, on-your-feet problem solver who has a track record of successful execution and product strategy. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly assess situations and make recommendations for key decisions. You will have end-to-end product ownership of a product line, responsible for setting the strategy, researching and deeply understanding customer needs, defining and prioritizing the roadmap, and delivering the product to market. Most importantly, you deliver outstanding results, quickly, with high quality and have exceptional communication skills.
To be successful, you will:
- Work across the organization (including customer support, sales, accounting, vendor relationship, proprietary tools etc.) to bring new features to market, manage them over time, and deliver business results while communicating and influencing effectively
- Deliver quickly with minimal direction or oversight; responsible for end-to-end, high quality delivery of complex projects
- Identify problems and take ownership of resolution
- Lead team in planning, estimations, and design sessions
- Conduct industry research and competitive analysis to stay ahead of industry trends, product & technology developments, and consumer demand
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to understand requirements, tradeoffs of different project scopes and implementations
- Write clear user stories for a project as part of an agile delivery team
- Analyzes user data and feedback to measure the effectiveness and competitiveness of the product
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and best practices and picks up new concepts quickly
- Display deep expertise of all products touched by team
- Apply knowledge of team's business domain to positively guide design and delivery
- Provide high-level relative effort and value estimates of ambiguous features with limited inputs to facilitate prioritization
- Has a holistic understanding of full product development lifecycle and uses this understanding to define best practices for team and drive improvements in all aspects of product delivery
- Lead team through making well-reasoned design decisions; able to develop and defend an approach while considering pros and cons of multiple implementations
- Verify stories are implemented as intended, records bugs, and assists the development team in driving resolution
- Handle challenges independently, yet knows when and how to escalate
- Be creative as solving issues and assessing all options
- 5+ years prior experience in Product Management and a record of successful product delivery
- 2+ years of API product management experience
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or related field, preferred
- Capable of juggling multiple priorities and managing trad-offs to establish the right approach to executing the API Strategy
- Highly analytical with experience managing data-centric products; capable of turning raw data into information and insights
- Proven experience of crafting product roadmaps by gathering input from customers, partners, internal stakeholders, engineers and other consumers of public/private APIs
- Experience in an Agile environment
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events every year. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications daily. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal St #800
Chicago, IL 60606