Vice President, Infrastructure Products
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America’s cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This executive will have oversite of the Infrastructure Services Product Management organization, providing vision, direction, and leadership for foundational and core Infrastructure Products utilized by Discover’s Business Technology teams to build solutions to meet Customer needs. Product Oriented and Servant Leader at the core, this role is responsible for ensuring consistent and appropriate delivery of products and services to support the needs of our Value Stream Engineering teams, Application Development, and other internal Product Teams and Consumers.
The Vice President of Infrastructure Products will build and maintain a highly effective Product Leadership team, including leadership of all Product Area Leader Directors, Product Managers and Product Owners. This role will need to effectively collaborate and negotiate with other Vice Presidents in Infrastructure Services as well as the broader technology groups, and will drive the focus and development of the group’s consumer obsessed operating model.
- Accountable for delivering on the Core and Foundational Infrastructure product vision and roadmap in line with the Technology Strategy
- Create maximum value and high quality delivery of Infrastructure core and foundational products in addition to consistent delivery
- Frequently interface with stakeholders to understand near and long term needs and identify opportunities for initiatives to drive value and efficiency.
- Ensure consistency of product management and agile methodology, sharing common practices and challenges across all Product Teams.
- Establish and track to appropriate OKRs to measure delivery performance and quality
- Responsible for managing the Infrastructure Core and Foundational product budget/financials.
- Identify opportunities to increase utilization and adoption of products and features and work with Product Area Directors to implement adoption and advocacy plans.
- Partner with Chapter Area Leadership to ensure Engineering Chapters have the appropriate skills and capabilities available to deliver high quality products to our consumers
- Comfortable with technologies and architectures of multiple Infrastructure Products, able to anticipate future trends and infrastructure capability needs, as well as being able to effectively challenge other BT leaders as needed
- Ensure consistent feedback mechanisms are in place to measure consumer satisfaction and to capture potential new requirements/enhancement opportunities.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to Product Area Directors and their teams and foster a culture of innovation to help teams stay in-line with industry trends and internal demands
- Bachelor’s degree or 12+ years of relevant experience. Higher education preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading application development, computer systems, software development, programming, or platform development strategies
- Ability to build and lead high performing teams
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.