Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a VP of Product to take charge of product strategy, roadmapping, and product plan execution across the organization. In collaboration with the Marketplace, Sales, and Technology teams, you will function as the main advocate for PerkSpot’s product roadmap and hire, train, and empower a professional Product Management department within the company. The Product team is also responsible for the overall member experience here at PerkSpot.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Product Management Team
Our Product Management team is made up of product managers and designers with one goal in mind - to keep us moving and improving. As the VP of Product, you will oversee these individuals and work with them to set our product roadmap and strategize ways to accomplish its goals, while keeping consumer experience and product functionality top of mind. You’ll also be reporting to the CEO.
Life as our VP of Product:
- Oversee PerkSpot’s omnichannel roadmap, leaning on your expertise to prioritize features, improvements, and designs
- Work with stakeholders to establish business priorities and ensure the best design possible
- Work with stakeholders to establish KPIs and strategize ways to meet them
- Act as the industry expert - keep a pulse on trends, new releases, and industry standards
- Maintain prioritized product backlog
- Adhere and improve team operating cadence
- Hire, train, and mentor a team of smart and hardworking product managers and designers
What we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years’ experience in an executive product management role within an agile environment
- In-depth understanding of the ins and outs of building a marketplace, including its shortcomings and advancements
- Background in tech and/or ecommerce required, experience developing mobile applications a HUGE plus
- Experience leading a large or mid-sized team
- Certification in Agile Development and/or experience in software development required
- Proficiency in JIRA and Productboard
- Experience developing and advocating for enterprise-level product roadmaps
- Strong communication aptitude, with experience working with C-level executives
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
Your First Few Months
During your onboarding, you will meet and develop relationships with all the teams you’ll be working with - Marketplace, Sales, Engineering, and Executive. You will then learn everything there is to know about the current PerkSpot product, including its shortcomings, and become familiar with our product roadmap. You will then work to optimize that roadmap for the better, and set an execution plan. After that’s in place, you’ll develop and implement an operating and reporting cadence and get to work improving a product that’s used and trusted by millions of consumers and the world’s top employers.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.