Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
As the Activation Manager, you will build the playbook to grow our base of qualified customer leads as a key input to increasing trials and active customers. This may include a wide range of diverse approaches, including campaigns to reach building tenants, print/offline media, online performance marketing, incentives for initial trial, and beyond. The responsibilities will involve rapid experimentation, determining which tactics are most effective, then scaling the resulting successes to serve a rapidly expanding network of fridges.
This role will also work cross-functionally including with our Customer Engagement team to improve conversion of qualified customer leads; with our Growth team regarding placement of new fridges and development of emerging partnership channels; with our Product and Technology team to inform customer experience features; and with our Data Science team to conduct analysis and gain insights. Success will result in the growth of customer leads and trials per location at an affordable cost per acquisition.
What are we looking for in the Activation Manager?
- Obsessed with the customer to understand their needs and drivers and ensure we consistently delight them
- Hypothesis and data driven in order to inform the development of new tactics and approach every change as an opportunity for learning and insights
- Comfortable with direct ownership and accountability for achieving KPIs and business results
- Strong communicator who collaborates well across the company, including with product, design, data science, growth, other parts of consumer and executive leadership
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with execution of plans and bias for action
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment -- and excited to be a part of shaping who we become
Within 1 month you will:
- Complete onboarding: learn our mission and values, meet the team and set priorities
- Ground your understanding of customer needs and opportunities by digesting existing company research and dashboards
- Take over leadership of customer growth initiatives already in development
Within 3 months you will:
- Assume full ownership of developing activities for our customer growth playbook
- Begin to show results and progress from initial experiments
- Align on customer experience technology roadmap with product and design
Within 6 months you will:
- Establish a customer growth vision and strategy to focus on new initiatives and deliver great results
- Work with data science and finance to enhance reporting capabilities to monitor, manage and set targets for KPIs
Within 12 months you will:
- Demonstrate consistent ability to achieve business targets
- Surprise us by identifying new ways to help the consumer team and overall company
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the office should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas around the cold brew tap.
Never run on empty - Daily Farmer's Fridge meal, Monday bagels, draft cold brew, office snacks, and Friday happy hours are just some of the offerings to make sure you aren't distracted by a growling stomach.
Take a break - Check out what new products Chef is testing in the R&D kitchen, challenge a coworker to a game of Fridgeopology, rally a spontaneous happy hour at Goose Island down the street, start a heated debate on the best M&M flavor with a poll in Slack, or jump in on a team kickball game!
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the bottom line. Own it. Literally - with company equity you have the opportunity to share directly in our success. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures